Short notice: Small ride on Sunday 5/30

SWing'R

The pace was perfect. I got a little spooked by a couple of left-of-centers, but was able to regain my confidence. Just a fantastic ride.

That buggy couldn't have been in a worse place. Right over the crest of that hill. Good work avoiding.

I agree. Pace was good roads were ok, but man was it hot!

Hydrate, hydrate,hydrate, hydrate,hydrate, hydrate,hydrate

Must have drank a half gallon of water.

The videos of the buggy scene ought to be interesting. :D

I was on the lookout for one as soon as I saw the horse apples on the side of the road.

Not the first time I've seen a buggy in an unexpected place.

The Amish guy flashing us the peace sign as we went by was a keeper too!

Got your Text, David. Sorry I missed this - hot as it was and all. I hoped to get a couple in today anyway but couldn't even do that. Plenty of Summer left. Good thing that close call with the buggy wasn't deadly. Glad yer all back safe.

The videos of the buggy scene ought to be interesting. :D

I'll review the video later tonight for that spot, hopefully I hadn't run out of disk space yet.

I'll review the video later tonight for that spot' date=' hopefully I hadn't run out of disk space yet.[/quote']

Ok, found the amish buggy clip. Remember I told you guys that the curves always look less intimidating on the video for some reason,

must have to do with the wide angle lense. On the video the amish buggy around the curve didn't look that bad at all, it didn't seem like

I was going that fast and seemed like there was plenty of time to react, but it real life it didn't seem that way! It scared the shit out of me :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhUxx2xMWAs

Hmmm... It almost doesn't even look like a turn.

But it was!

I see what you mean about the wide angle lens makes everything bend.

Only the center is correct, the rest seems 'adjusted' with the fish-eye effect.

I know right. You and I both know that was a pretty good turn and I know I was going at a decent speed

yet on film it looks completely different :dunno:

That definitely doesn't do it justice. You sure it didn't scare the piss out of you and that's why we had to stop so much. lol. kidding.

Weird isn't. And you can just call me SB (small bladder) instead of SWing'R from now on. After goin that first time it was like damn geiser :eek:

Although, in my defense, over the course of the day I had two bottles of water and three bottles of gatorade/powerade! Damn heat :o