Short notice: Small ride on Sunday 5/30

SWing'R

Looking for a few riders that might want to join in on a short ride I'm planning for tomorrow/Sunday 5/30.

Nothing very big, just a few bikes and not a very long ride, not even sure what time we're starting yet, gonna be a "on the fly" decision in the morning.

Most likely going with a later start, like noon or after. Up for debate on the start time.

Planned route is only about 107mil loop starting/ending in Chillicothe. Figured we could take good ole 104 down to Chillicothe.

When we're done with the planned loop if we feel like doing some more we can, play it by ear.

Here is a overview map of the loop, not very long but 772 and 41 are very fun.

Rt772-41-Loop.jpg

Confirmed riders at this point are.... SWing'R, Strictly Streets, bluebandit_84, C-Bus, mahdey

Meetup point/time: 12noon at the BP on 23S just below 270. When you get on 23 S off of 270 its right there on the right.

Edited by SWing'R

Okay, I've added a section to this route, first section as shown in the first map is about 150miles including the ride from Columbus down to Chillicothe.

The second portion is an additional 95miles from Chillicothe thru a little bit of Hocking Hills.

This brings the total miles for the trip to around 245 if we do both sections.

Here is a new overview, the black arrows indicate the first half and the red arrows the second half.

chillicothe-hocking-loop.jpg

Here is a PDF copy of the turn-by-turn directions...

http://www.davidrosso.com/temp/05-30-10_route.pdf

Edited by SWing'R
Added pdf link

Looks good so far.

Meet point and other little details would be nice.

I am near you so we should get this together as the meet point with bluebandit_84, C-Bus etc.

May I suggest the Shell station just south of 270 on Sawmill?

Perhaps something around noon'ish?

I'll check back in the AM on this thread.

Right now I have the lies I told to women tonight coming true. :D

Edited by Strictly Street
it's late

Anybody else out there wanting to get some riding in today? Although not a beginner, I'm not a terribly aggressive rider. This may be the ideal ride for some of you.

Anybody else out there wanting to get some riding in today? Although not a beginner, I'm not a terribly aggressive rider. This may be the ideal ride for some of you.

I consider myself a pretty middle-of-the-road rider when it comes to my riding style.

I like to ride fast at times but I tend to be pretty reasonable with the turns, not to fast, not to slow.

Looks good so far. Meet point and other little details would be nice.

Meeting place: BP station on 23 South just past 270 on southside of town. (as soon as you get on 23S off of 23 its right there on the right)

Meeting time? Let's say 12noon? Roll out as soon as everyone shows up.

Tom, if you want to arrange a meeting with Dan since you guys are right in each others backyard thats on you guys.

This one's way too long for an early get back. Gotta be at a grad party between 5 and 6. Catch you on a future ride.

Rob if you want to come for the first half and split off at that, that'd be ok.

The second half was just added in case everyone feels like doing it when we finish the first half.

I'm not even 100% sure we'll ride the second portion, that will be determined when we finish the first.

I'm not a terribly aggressive rider either, fairly slow actually. Pretty timid in corners don't get much time in the twisties. But either way I'm thinking of hitting the Coshocton area twisties just a lil after noon today when I get off duty if ya'lls wanted to head this way before or after your chillybowl experience to give me some pointers in the corners. :)

I'm not a terribly aggressive rider either, fairly slow actually. Pretty timid in corners don't get much time in the twisties. But either way I'm thinking of hitting the Coshocton area twisties just a lil after noon today when I get off duty if ya'lls wanted to head this way before or after your chillybowl experience to give me some pointers in the corners. :)

See, now there you go with that sar-ch-assum. I was simply trying to make the ride inviting to those who may be intimidated trailing behind a 1000cc rocket. We'll look for the knee-drags and see if we can track you down. ;)

Meeting place: BP station on 23 South just past 270 on southside of town. (as soon as you get on 23S off of 23 its right there on the right)

Meeting time? Let's say 12noon? Roll out as soon as everyone shows up.

Tom' date=' if you want to arrange a meeting with Dan since you guys are right in each others backyard thats on you guys.[/quote']

23 just past 270 South at the BP at noon, got it!

Starting from a gas up spot is a good thing.

Dan if you want to ride down with me that would be ok with me.

I figure it's about 1/2 hour ride so we will have to leave about 11:15 - 11:30 to make the meet.

Edited by Strictly Street

Starting from a gas up spot is a good thing.

There is another gas station we will pass right when we get to Chillicothe,

you my gas capacity challenged friend can top off there.

I was.......... then since I'm low man on the totum pole I got pulled in on duty till noon. :(

So I'll take a short ride around here afterwards to drown my sorrows.

I got the short card and will be stuck at work today too. Keep an eye for a fast guy on a black Triumph though. The other half of my clan will be hitting those roads, and catching on with a slow local might be a kick in the pants for him. :p

Little brother, goes by D-Man.

I've not went anywhere, prolly wont now either may shoot for tomarrow though

Same thing then. He wanted to get away for a bit, and I think even got a room in the Gambier area to base a few rides out of. Me, I got the shorter stick and work tomorrow too...:sad:

i went to take a nap for thirty minutes at 10:30am, i just woke up :(

WTH dude, you missed a great ride. We only rode the first half, like in the first map I posted cause by the time we finished that we were exhausted from the damn heat.

I personally had a blast guys, thanks to everyone that made it, we had zero mishaps or mechanical issues, no real run-ins with any LEO's, all in all a really great time!

I hope that my pace was okay with everyone, I don't really consider myself a fast rider but definitely not a slow one! I think the fact that I/we were able to correct for that amish buggy around that one curve tells me that our speed was perfect, had we been going just 5mph faster I'm not sure I'd have been able to correct coming around that curve.

I'll get a couple pics up later tonight, gotta go take the wife to dinner, my pennance for being gone all day! :grin:

Thanks again guys.

BTW anyone considering running this same route, be warned there was lots of gravel on 772. 41 was in pretty good shape.

The pace was perfect. I got a little spooked by a couple of left-of-centers, but was able to regain my confidence. Just a fantastic ride.

That buggy couldn't have been in a worse place. Right over the crest of that hill. Good work avoiding.

Edited by C-bus