05 Ninja ZX6R

Bad324

What should I know about these? Pros, cons and any comparisons to my current 600RR

I have run across what seems could be a steal on an 05 with 1,800 miles and completely stock. If i were to get it and like it, that would make the honda expendable or it would buy some time for my roommate to get his finances in order to purchase it off me if I end up preferring my current bike

Buy it. :D I love the looks of the 05 Kawi's. I can't really give you any comparisons between the zx6r and 600rr, but from what I remember sitting on them, the kawi is tons more comfortable.

So what is the bike going for?

I ride an 05 Kawi 636, and it is definately the most comfy. Comfortable is a relative term on these bikes tho lol.

I have ridden every 600cc sportbike of the same year and I can tell that it has a little more low end torque which makes it a little more fun and easier to ride in the city.

Bye Bye Honda......

I ride an 05 Kawi 636, and it is definately the most comfy. Comfortable is a relative term on these bikes tho lol.

I have ridden every 600cc sportbike of the same year and I can tell that it has a little more low end torque which makes it a little more fun and easier to ride in the city.

Bye Bye Honda......

this is good news, I do mostly street riding and even something marginally more comfortable than the 600RR would be better. Plus with being so low mileage I would consider putting convertibars or something on it if need be

It is blue and the rear fairing needs replaced so I'm considering just saying screw it and going with an entire MotoFansClub kit if I do end up keeping it for myself

The only thing that concerns me is that it is 5 years old and barely has 2k miles so wondering how things are affected if its sat for awhile or whatever

Edited by Bad324

There is an easy fix 750 for sale in another thread

I would stay away from that bike it looks beat to shit.

I would call this a lateral move. Nothing between these two bikes that puts one above the other. A good deal is hard to pass up but if you know everything about the history on your current bike I wouldn't get rid of it. If the deal is good enough I would probably flip the Kawi.

There is an easy fix 750 for sale in another thread

:lol:

fortunately for me this ninja may only be a 636 but in way more mint condition which is what I'm looking for

I would stay away from that bike it looks beat to shit.

I would call this a lateral move. Nothing between these two bikes that puts one above the other. A good deal is hard to pass up but if you know everything about the history on your current bike I wouldn't get rid of it. If the deal is good enough I would probably flip the Kawi.

As far as bike style I agree its definitely lateral but it is minty, 13k less miles and is completely stock. As far as history goes my bike has been run hard and put away wet, though still runs like a champ and I can get the Kawi for cheaper than I got for the 600rr last fall.

Part of me wants to purely flip the kawi because it would be easy money and the other part says give it a shot and see which bike I like better. Either way if I get it, one of the bikes will have to go make way for either a :eek: cruiser or sport touring bike

I absolutely LOVE mine. Mines got the Hotbodies exhaust, flush mount signals, smoked screen, and -1 front sprocket. I rode my buddies 07 GSXR 750 the other night, and while it might have been me not being used to the clutch, but I felt like my bike had better torque from a stop.

I love mine also.

Our bikes are known for 2nd gear transmission issues. Make sure you run the bike youre buying and check the tranny. Make sure it cant slip into neutral while shifting to second...or pop down to first from second.

I love mine. Ive put a full Arrow exhaust on mine with jumper mod, -1/+2 gearing and it pulls like a banshee out of hell. Im sure I could keep up with stock 750s...atleast in the short term. I just cant wait to get a PC3 and a proper tune. I love my bike...the color...the looks...its hot shit.

What should I know about these? Pros, cons and any comparisons to my current 600RR

I have run across what seems could be a steal on an 05 with 1,800 miles and completely stock. If i were to get it and like it, that would make the honda expendable or it would buy some time for my roommate to get his finances in order to purchase it off me if I end up preferring my current bike

I believe that its a 636 compared to the 599 cc honda RR and that will give it just a little more grunt at the low end of the RPM's should feel better on the street getting on it at a stop light.

all this sounds real good. Hoping to check it out this weekend if the guy ever calls me back. Anyone else have some last minute 2 cents

Edited by Bad324

I finally took a look at it last night and it would need 2 things: new tail fairing, new right rearset (the brake pedal is snapped off) and of course an oil change and chain cleaning.

Fairing isn't a big deal since it is blue and I was considering going with a full aftermarket kit anyway if I keep it.

As far as the rear set goes I have yet to replace one so not really sure whats involved but doesn't look all that difficult. I would consider the fact that this would be a good chance to upgrade over stock but not really sure what to look for in an aftermarket piece

Rearsets are easily changed out. Nothing cosmic....just like anyothe jap bike.

My main concern would be how he dropped the bike.

He has kept it in his parents garage and his dad knocked it over on its right side. I tend to believe this because I looked the bike over as best to my knowledge and the only damage was those 2 things and a small nick on the side fairing. Also the way it was cracked and the impact point matched where it fell over onto the car they still hadn't had fixed yet. Wasn't any sign of other rash from a slide or anything bent or mangled otherwise.