I'm new

Catherine.3

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll +1 the Ninja 250. It's a really great little learning bike-- very easy and forgiving in the lower tach, but once you know what you're doing you can wind it up and it's like a whole different bike. Also, it weighs next to nothing and turns on a dime.

My wife's put about 400-500 miles on hers in the last month or so, and she's really had no trouble with it.

Don't pay over $2000 for one-- first bikes tend to get dropped sometimes, no point spending a ton just to scratch up the shinies.

I'll +1 the Ninja 250. It's a really great little learning bike-- very easy and forgiving in the lower tach, but once you know what you're doing you can wind it up and it's like a whole different bike. Also, it weighs next to nothing and turns on a dime.

My wife's put about 400-500 miles on hers in the last month or so, and she's really had no trouble with it.

Don't pay over $2000 for one-- first bikes tend to get dropped sometimes, no point spending a ton just to scratch up the shinies.

I used to get awesome fuel mileage on mine, but after waking it up (running it harder) it's not so good. I had never hit reserve until today, and I always waited until about 180 miles on the tank to fill up. Today, I hit reserve at 157 miles! :eek: I guess I have been running it hard, and lots of short trips!

:welcome:

Good luck getting a ride.

I suggest picking up a motorcycle manual from your local DMV and studying it cover to cover (not very long) get your permit packet, and take the test for the temps.

Take the MSF course first. (before you buy a bike)

Best $25 you'll ever spend.

And I know where one is!

Then again, someone on craigslist has a 07 Ninja 250 listed for $2800 or something like that! :eek: I think they'll be sitting on that one for a while, even though it only had 1800 miles.

I saw that one. lol.

Oh, jeez.

Obvious girl name, doesn't know what :leghump: means, but can post an avatar pic of herself? Always wanted a bike, but daddy won't let me have one, teehee, good thing I'm in college now, and can do what I want, teehee, gigglefuckinggiggle. :rolleyes:

:welcome:

Good luck getting a ride.

I suggest picking up a motorcycle manual from your local DMV and studying it cover to cover (not very long) get your permit packet, and take the test for the temps.

Take the MSF course first. (before you buy a bike)

Best $25 you'll ever spend.

:plus1:and :welcome:

Looking at 250's but haven't decided on what style.

I know, actually heard on here, of a guy who may have a black 250 with pink trim on the wheels. Just need to date him and he will give it to you. But don't get him mad, he will take it away if he wants and you will never see from him AGAIN!

Dont get your E-titties in a twist David Banner. :D

I was talking about that little Suzuki thing you guys had before the Blue twins.

Ahh, thats what I figured, I was just looking for some clarification :p

Anyway, to the OP, welcome aboard!