Sunglasses Round 2

Meanie

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really wanna argue this? Are you sure you do? The margins are the same. Your discount may be different. Margin is the difference between dealer cost and retail.

Again, differences in audio product and RX... And specialty stuff like the high end stuff, but all the glasses typically worn and purchased falls under the same margin line.

But if his cost is less than both dealer cost and retail, who gives a fuck what the margins are?

I am keeping a spreadsheet of what everyone is requesting and will send it to the rep in a week or so and see what I can and cannot get and the prices on the items I can get.

ps I am eating wings and rings right now......it is awesome!

You really wanna argue this? Are you sure you do? The margins are the same. Your discount may be different. Margin is the difference between dealer cost and retail.

Again, differences in audio product and RX... And specialty stuff like the high end stuff, but all the glasses typically worn and purchased falls under the same margin line.

Seriously? First off why do you care? if anyone is trying to start an argument it's you. You didn't ask for prices on anything or even ask about a type of glasses. So why do you care? Secondly, I just placed an order about 2 months ago. I know the retail price and I know what I paid for the glasses. The discount, depending on the style of glasses ordered, ranged from 32% up to nearly 45%. As for Margin how would I know that? I don't know what TRGear pays Oakley for each pair. I know what TRGear is selling them for on their site and I know (after talking to the rep) what I will be paying for the glasses. Really it all comes down to.....WHY DO YOU CARE?

Didn't your momma ever teach you if you don't have anything constructive to say...shut the fuck up?

But if his cost is less than both dealer cost and retail, who gives a fuck what the margins are?

All I am saying is that Oakleys are at a set margin. In other words, his discount is what is different per style - not what the company he is getting them through pays.

He stated that he can get up to 45% off. If that is on current glasses, that's not below or at dealer cost.

I don't really care. I was just saying to him that the dealer cost is set at a certain %. I know what that is. He, on the other hand told me I was wrong. I am not.

Go about what you are all doing. I get Oakleys cheaper anyways.;)

Seriously? First off why do you care? if anyone is trying to start an argument it's you. You didn't ask for prices on anything or even ask about a type of glasses. So why do you care? Secondly, I just placed an order about 2 months ago. I know the retail price and I know what I paid for the glasses. The discount, depending on the style of glasses ordered, ranged from 32% up to nearly 45%. As for Margin how would I know that? I don't know what TRGear pays Oakley for each pair. I know what TRGear is selling them for on their site and I know (after talking to the rep) what I will be paying for the glasses. Really it all comes down to.....WHY DO YOU CARE?

Didn't your momma ever teach you if you don't have anything constructive to say...shut the fuck up?

You're not dealing with a rep. You're dealing with someone from a shop or business that buys directly from Oakley. You have an obvious military or police discount and they are allowing you to buy as you wish. You are abusing the system that has been setup by Oakley, but it takes two to get that accomplished and they obviously are willing to do so.

It's no biggie. You mentioned something and I simply was making sure people knew that Oakleys are sold at a certain margin and you are what the difference is - rather, what you buy them for. I suspect in this case, fashion wear styles are less of a discount... Might be wrong on that.

Anyways, carry on.

Oh, and watch your mouth.;)

I'll look into it but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get those. As i said I'll call the rep at TRGear in a week or so.

womens

half jackets

Frame: Pearl

Lens: Slate Iridium

Icon: Polished Chrome

Earsock: Blue

I'll look into it but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get those. As i said I'll call the rep at TRGear in a week or so.

why dont you think you can get them? is it the style or combo?

edit:

nevermind I'm guessing you can only get the styles/colors TRgear has listed on thier site..

in that case

half jackets

frame= jet black

lense= fire

what about a price on:

Oakley SI Assault Gloves

size Medium

color Black

edit:

nevermind I'm guessing you can only get the styles/colors TRgear has listed on thier site..

in that case

half jackets

frame= jet black

lense= fire

what about a price on:

Oakley SI Assault Gloves

size Medium

color Black

Yeah for the most part I can only get the stuff on TRGear.com or the usstandardissue site. Sometimes I can get other items, but I'll check for you if not I'll get prices on the other pairs you listed.

I'd be interested in a set of Flak Jackets in Met. Red/Black Iridium and the SI Black/Grey.

Flak Jackets Metallic Red Frames/VR28 Black Iridium Lenses - $84.00

Flak Jackets SI Black frames/Grey Lenses - $84.00

Plus shipping

XLJ

Polarized fire (if they still have these), if not black iridium

I cannot get teh Polarized fire lenses. But I can get the Black Iridium lenses.

I'll have to double check but I believe they are $30.00 plus shipping.

I am interested in the SI Half Jackets and/ or the SI Minute 2.0 with grey polarized lenses, let me know how much, and I'll confirm or deny. Thanks for the hookup K!

SI Half Jackets Matte black frames/grey polarized lenses - $96.00

SI minute 2.0 Black frames/grey polarized lenses - $102.00

Does not include shipping.

edit:

in that case

half jackets

frame= jet black

lense= fire

what about a price on:

Oakley SI Assault Gloves

size Medium

color Black

Half Jackets Jet Black Frame/Fire lenses - $69.00

Oakley SI Assault gloves - $54.00

Plus shipping.