Father's Day

scottb

I know it is one day before the actual day, but I spent time with my Dad at the outdoor shooting range. I took Dad to the range about 6 weeks ago where he got to shoot my 2 rifles. It was his first time shooting. He really liked shooting, so he went out and purchased a Remington 597 semi-auto 22 rifle.

I plan to take dad out to dinner later this evening.

I am not sure if this is the best fathers day or if the fathers day that me and dad went on a motorcycle ride together for the whole day. This was when I had 2 motorcycles, now I only have one bike.

How did the you guys ( and gals) spend your Father's Day?

Me in the blue shirt:

DSC_0119.JPG

Guns are not loaded for these photos:

Me and my Salvage MKII bolt action 22 LR rifle.

DSC_0122.JPG

Me and the Marlin 795

DSC_0125.JPG

Edited by scottb
Pics added

My parents both showed up to watch me fight my speeding ticket in court, then I took them out to lunch afterward. So I guess my mom got to ride my dad's coattails on this lunch (my dad did the same thing when I took my mom out too :)) You can tell I'm real bent outta shape about it ;)

$106 for the ticket

$42 for lunch

I keep it simple.

I don't have to worry about it this year. My father and I had a fall out this year because he became a dickhead after my kids were born and I can't stand his personality anymore. He also said some fucked up shit directed towards me to his g/f and my wife. Neither of us care to talk to him.

Was gonna have everyone over my house for a cookout on sunday. BUT, my kids ended up coming down with chicken poxs. And my dad has never had them before, weird since Both me and my brother had them as kids. So I will most likely not see my dad this year for fathers day. We always have the cookout at my house for both my dad and the wifes side as well. Oh well lots of food for my fat ass to eat I guess.

My parents both showed up to watch me fight my speeding ticket in court, then I took them out to lunch afterward. So I guess my mom got to ride my dad's coattails on this lunch (my dad did the same thing when I took my mom out too :)) You can tell I'm real bent outta shape about it ;)

$106 for the ticket

$42 for lunch

I keep it simple.

I know the ticket is the one that got you bent

Buried mine on my 40th birthday. It'll be 5 years this August. I miss him.

Luckily, somehow, my 9 year old remembers Grandma and Grandpa. He and I will be hanging out, maybe do some cheeseburgers and corn on the grill.

To those of you that aren't speaking with your pop (or mom, or brother/sister/whomever) - I hope that someday the relationship will get better for you.

Edited by jblosser

my dad's on a golf trip with a few of his friends this weekend, so I'm stopping by Monday to drop off the fire pit my brothers and I bought him.

Father's day was never a big thing in our house growing up, but I'm planning on buying him a new baseball glove and "Field of dreams" on DVD. Just put "let's have a catch" on the card. Pretty sure he'll like that. Wish I could do it every year.

Pancreatic cancer took my dad 9 years ago at 56. Exactly three months before my daughter, his first grandchild was born. I toasted him a few times tonight. Not sure what's in store for tomorrow. May take the little shits to see Toy Story. Enjoy that time with your dad. Don't ever take it for granted.

Edited by C-bus

I have been getting to spend time again with my dad now as have my kids, the only grandkids he has. Will be cooking out at his place tomorrow. I am thankful for what we're working on now, as it wasn't always this way. BUt we are back to a good place and for that I am grateful.

To all the other dads out there, Happy Father's Day! Whether your kids are 3 or 30, enjoy them.