New ZX10 announced today

Casper

2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R: more of the same

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/06/2011-kawasaki-zx-10r-more-of-t.html

This sketch and this video are part of a sort of social media/viral marketing thing intended to create buzz in the run up to the bike's official release. At Kawasaki-Challenge.com, the company is saying things like:

The next Ninja ZX-10R was designed with the primary goal of winning races. The shape, material, rigidity, weight, etc of all its parts were reevalutated -- essentially making it a completely redesigned superbike. In addition to the bike's speed and power, this design is an expression of its cutting-edge innovation and beauty.

"Loaded with innovative technology."

But what we see here isn't innovative and new, it's an aluminum beam perimeter frame holding an upright inline-four and a bunch of other standard parts. Does "cutting-edge innovation" really equate to a pound or two less and a horsepower or two more? Where's the Kawasaki-patented 90° engine? Hell, where's anything that sets this apart from every other bike in the liter-bike class? What's this motorcycle's unique selling point? All we're really seeing here is some folded-paper plastic on top of a distinctly conventional motorcycle, let's hope Kawasaki is bringing a bit more to the superbike game.

Trust me...YOU won't notice. WSBK will.

U take a zx10 on a track, and I'll take my gsxr 600, and loser pays for the other persons track day! Deal? ;)

I guarantee that I would run faster times on a track with a 600 than I would a zx10. Now, give me a 1000rr, s1000rr, or a light liter bike, then it might be a different story!

Edited by Dubguy85

Take you on a 14 dubguy85. Time and Place.....

U take a zx10 on a track, and I'll take my gsxr 600, and loser pays for the other persons track day! Deal? ;)

I guarantee that I would run faster times on a track with a 600 than I would a zx10. Now, give me a 1000rr, s1000rr, or a light liter bike, then it might be a different story!

I stick by my story. You, a 2nd season trackday rider, most likely won't be utilizing all of what the 10 has. Ben spies? Sure he will. ;) Put him on that Yami or Suzuki and he will beat his zx10 lap times. Also, most riders....STREET riders, that make the most purchases, don't care unless they're posers. Power is where it's at for the street, cuz every sportbike handles just well on the street. You can join a ride with us anytime to find out how.:p

I stick by my story. You, a 2nd season trackday rider, most likely won't be utilizing all of what the 10 has. Ben spies? Sure he will. ;) Put him on that Yami or Suzuki and he will beat his zx10 lap times. Also, most riders....STREET riders, that make the most purchases, don't care unless they're posers. Power is where it's at for the street, cuz every sportbike handles just well on the street. You can join a ride with us anytime to find out how.:p

Preach Brotha Man..... Preach

i never really noticed that our zx10 was much heavier than our gsxr 600. I will check when i get home

Take you on a 14 dubguy85. Time and Place.....

let me get this straight...

Ninja14 on a ZX14, and dubguy85 on a 600, ON A ROAD COURSE?

If dubguy85's not game, I am. You choose the track. I'll expect something with an epic straight-away to give you a fighting chance.