Hot Bikes

NRTHNR

:devil:

So the memory comes to mind of how friggen hot my RC-51 felt under me in temperatures other than anything below 70 degrees as, I contemplate the idea of getting a new bike. And, with this I thought it might be helpful to hear some input from those that have ridden any of the following bikes:

-Ducati 1198

-Ducati 898

-Triumph Speed Triple

-Triumph 675

-Suzuki GSX-R 750

Hail/Flame away...

Edited by NRTHNR

Don't all bikes get that way?

No, not at all. And, it's about how they feel not, the operating temp. I've ridden both SV650 & 1000, and other bikes, and to me they don't feel anywhere near as hot as the RC did.

My 750 wasn't that hot at all. 04-05 years fan kept it kool

I would've guessed this but, thanks for tuning in and confirming it. After learning from RSVDon that the Ducati's are so hot they're quickly dropping down on the list. Love the sport tuned Twins, and they're sexy and agile but not sure about sacrificing that much comfort.

The GSX-R 750 and Speed Triple have risen toward the top. Obviously, there's other criteria we consider when getting a bike but, I remember this being so annoying when doing any other riding than balls out tearing up the back roads.

Edited by NRTHNR

the r-1 gets HHOOOOTTTT constantly gets up to 220's in the heat. but since i switched to amsoil its kept the heat in check ALOT better; high 180's consistantly unless your actually stuck in traffic.

i have had similar experience with water wetter +amsoil on my 750; dropped temps about 20F.

I would've guessed this but, thanks for tuning in and confirming it. After learning from RSVDon that the Ducati's are so hot they're quickly dropping down on the list. Love the sport tuned Twins, and they're sexy and agile but not sure about sacrificing that much comfort.

The GSX-R 750 and Street Fighter have risen toward the top. Obviously, there's other criteria we consider when getting a bike but, I remember this being so annoying when doing any other riding than balls out tearing up the back roads.

The problem with pretty much any twin is that rear cylinder under the seat. It's always gonna be hot in that configuration. My Aprilia is unbearable around town or while riding slow but I don't notice it once moving.

The 1098 I rode had my butt toasty on a 70° Michigan evening in less than 15 minutes. It is noticeable. That bike was a no compromise machine anyways, hated anything except going fast. Lol

It was nice riding with you too.

My 04 600rr gets pretty hot in traffic. Stays about high 170s when riding in the open but as soon as I get in town, it goes up to high 190s to low 200s and the second I am stuck at a light it is pushing towards 220 when the fan kicks on and holds it in the 220s.

the 675 gets hot as fuck, but its the hottest looking bike...

ah-ha! good to hear from you! I was on that ride Sunday around Coshocton. Didn't ride in the group you were in but noticed the bike. I was in the middle group.

I'm surprised that you say that about the 675. You are just trying to discourage so noone else shows up with one. j/k man, thanks for the input.

Edited by NRTHNR

ok, with the input to this point the 750 and Speed Triple are at the top of the list.

decisions, decisions...

Edited by NRTHNR