Cost and parts needed to convert yz 250 to sumo

omgshesaboy

last I checked you can't get plates on a 2-stroke.

Wrong.

correct. you cannot make that street legal in ohio. I believe you can in arizona. Everwhere in the US except for Arizona i believe, you cannot have a 2 stroke bigger than 49cc on the street. Thats why Honda and Aprilia dont sell there 125/250 2 strokes in america like a CBR or RSV. only good for trackdays over here.

Wrong.

you have to get it inspected, how would they not know? :confused:

Wrong.

Nothing stops you from riding a 2-stroke on the street other than lack of availability in the new motorcycle department. When you "convert" an offroad bike, you just fill out a body code change affidavit, no one actually looks at it.

Nothing stops you from riding a 2-stroke on the street other than lack of availability in the new motorcycle department. When you "convert" an offroad bike, you just fill out a body code change affidavit, no one actually looks at it.

You are "supposed" to go have it inspected.

You do not have to have a bike inspected to have the title changed over. If anyone at the BMV tells you that, them them to call the central office to set them straight. You shouldn't make a 2 stroke street legal but you "can". nothing on the title indicates that it is 2 or 4 stroke for them to know. It is how ever harder to do. Finding a lighting coil that puts out enough wattage to power everything is the hardest. Best bet is to get a flywheel and stator off a wr 2 stroke, pretty much bolt up and plug in.

also the power of a 2 stoke is not well tamed on the street and would be more likely to draw attention. You would also have to keep a bottle of premix on you so you can fill up.

When i made my yz426f street legal i was disappointed with the lack of ride-ability, because of limited top speed (even with a 16/40 gearing, stock was 14/49) and the bikes don't like consistant speeds.