did the reciprocity for ohio change?

kawi kid

i was looking at this map thing i found a long time ago to help with trips i take and stuff and noticed that florida shows as legal? did something change and i never heard? and its also says that florida only issues permits to people who reside in that state only, and i know my gf's dad has a permit for florida?

here is the map.........

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

I hadn't heard of any recent changes. The last I heard was that Florida both recognized Ohio CCW license, and would issue one to Ohio residents in Florida.

Checking...

This is from the Florida CCW application:

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS

• You must be 21 years of age or older.

• You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident alien with supporting documentation as provided in

Question 5.

• You must have received firearms training as described in Question 6.

• You must not be ineligible based upon a disqualifying condition as specified in Questions 7 through 16 of the application.

• You must desire a Concealed Weapon or Firearm License for the purpose of lawful self-defense.

Any US citizen can apply for a Florida CCW permit.

Edited by ReconRat

Florida is different than other states, in that Florida requires the "other" state to honor the Florida CCW permit, if the "other" is honored in Florida. Works, but a bit strange when dealing with places like Alaska and Vermont, which have no regulations one way or the other. Alaska allows OC and CCW with no laws. Alaska passed a law related to Florida, just for Florida.

Florida is different than other states, in that Florida requires the "other" state to honor the Florida CCW permit, if the "other" is honored in Florida. Works, but a bit strange when dealing with places like Alaska and Vermont, which have no regulations one way or the other. Alaska allows OC and CCW with no laws. Alaska passed a law related to Florida, just for Florida.

Alaska had a permit system in place for a long time, and last I checked, kept it in place despite not being required for that very situation.

• 1 month later...

the ccw reciprocity is constantly changing... when i would go on vacation a few years back, there were states that I could legally carry in, but now can not. depending on the next elections for governor, i am sure the reciprocity maps will change again. just keep an eye on the attorney general's website for any changes.

I got pulled over in Coco Beach a few weeks back and announced to the officer that I had a permit, and was carrying a loaded gun. He said, "ok, I just need to see your license and registration." Ended up getting a warning for going 55 in a 35 zone. : )