Closing Threads as a control factor is pathetic..

flounder

I thought thats what this site was based on as it seems to happen so much.

Strange that only some people seem to get targeted for deleted comments or closed threads though. :wtf:

Who gets targeted???? WTF are you talking about??? I always try to defuse stupid bullshit like this. When I do, I get bitched at for it. When I don't, I get bitched at for it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who gets targeted???? WTF are you talking about??? I always try to defuse stupid bullshit like this. When I do, I get bitched at for it. When I don't, I get bitched at for it.

So why is it that the ones that are the cause of a lot of the bitching & bullshit dont ever seem to get "defused"? :dunno:

There is almost a 1000 people siged up on here now & there never seem to be more that 20-30 that ever log-in and/or post. Dont you wonder or care why they go & dont come back?

I am a member of a few different bike related fourums & myspace groups and NONE of them have has much :flingpoo: as this one, not even the myspace. Maybe it's just a Columbus thing, why knows.

So why is it that the ones that are the cause of a lot of the bitching & bullshit dont ever seem to get "defused"? :dunno:

There is almost a 1000 people siged up on here now & there never seem to be more that 20-30 that ever log-in and/or post. Dont you wonder or care why they go & dont come back?

I am a member of a few different bike related fourums & myspace groups and NONE of them have has much :flingpoo: as this one, not even the myspace. Maybe it's just a Columbus thing, why knows.

You may want to think about the following for a sec. Just because someone signs up doesnt mean they are going to be active posters. I know boards that have over 60,000 members and I can tell you that 98% of the posts are accomplished by just a few hundred members. Not everyone lives on the net and on forums. the 20-30 that you are referring to are mostly the people that have been around since this board started. Oh yeah.. and we all know each other so we are pretty comfortable giving each other shit whether its on here or the next time we hang out..

personally, the BS and shit talking are the reasons I frequent this board, along with FBody.com, even though I sold my T/A years ago! Light atmosphere, good people who can take, and give shit. Your always going to have people who disagree, thats what the Harley boards are for :lol: Face it, this is mainly a sportbike forum, we ride what we do for a reason, we're into going fast, doing stupid shit, and we're all probably borderline nutjobs. "normal" people would probably have heart attacks if they had to ride with us, Christ, I took my mother up the street to a resturant to meet my sisters and she gave me the 3rd degree. I thought I was being pretty conservative with my driving :D

I'm upset that because I didn't log on for one day that I didn't get to voice my oponion.Satan you do favor certain people on this site. There is a certain group that is allowed to get away with a little more than everyone else.Of course all the moderators are in this gruop. Its not really your fault. The problem is that when you know someone personally you know how to take what they are saying or when they are just f-ing with someone. the catch to that is tyhe rest of the poeple on the site don't understand that and don't get the small inside jokes. You need to try and look at some of the comments on here as a nonbiased third party and not just over look some things as that so and so no big deal. I understand that is hard to do.

I don't see what the big deal is...Satan runs the place and if he feels something needs to be edited or deleted....he can do it and should not get shit about it. We all know continuous shit talking goes from internet tough guys to talking behind the back at lets say Quaker or 711.....or possibly a confrontation. Even though there are 1000 members on this site....Most of the active posters frequently ride together and claim to be "friends" in some way or another. Why not diffuse a senseless issue and move on.

I don't see what the big deal is...Satan runs the place and if he feels something needs to be edited or deleted....he can do it and should not get shit about it. We all know continuous shit talking goes from internet tough guys to talking behind the back at lets say Quaker or 711.....or possibly a confrontation. Even though there are 1000 members on this site....Most of the active posters frequently ride together and claim to be "friends" in some way or another. Why not diffuse a senseless issue and move on.

:plus1:

I was annoyed that my thread was closed, mostly because, like Rocky said, no one else was able to voice their opinions. However, I was also glad that it was closed because it was getting stupid. I was simply passing along info that personally hit me harder than other similar things I had seen. Then it turned into a bitch-fest that went WAAAAAYYYY off topic. :bitchfight: You know how when someone says something in a durogatory way, you feel you have to answer back to explain or defend yourself no matter how much you want to end it? C'mon, we've all been there! That's all this thread ended up being. And I'm glad it ended so we could all go on with our lives.

I don't appreciate how it ended in "funny" pictures because it started off with very serious pictures and it was meant to be a serious thread. But I also understand they were there to diffuse the situation. Creative management, Satan! However, some ppl find the pics I posted disrespectful but following them up with funny stuff is more disrespectful imo.

I understand where you are coming from, Flounder and totally agree that opinions shouldn't be deleted or require that the thread be closed. But this specific thread was no longer about the initial topic and the opinions being expressed seemed more like personal attacks (even if they weren't meant to be) than opinions.

Personally, I feel that every time I post on here, I'm being attacked for one reason or another. My posts almost always start an argument. I don't care if you disagree with me but personal attacks are uncalled for. I posted pics of an accident but suddenly my job and someone's assets became the topic of conversation. If you want to tell me your bike is better than mine, whatever, but other than that, try to think before you type. Some of us live near campus, some live in suburbs, some live in apartments, some live in houses, someone might be a doctor, someone might be a cashier..... but we are all bikers! That's the whole point of this board!

:cheers:

I was annoyed that my thread was closed, mostly because, like Rocky said, no one else was able to voice their opinions.

The reality of the whole thing is....Your thread should have been closed due to the fact it was a repost from 04-27-2007, 02:53 PM....

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=3134

This accident and the topic was discussed at length back then.

Don't start shit! I'm just saying....usually a repost comes a few days...maybe a week to the extreme, but 8 months is out there.

Wasnt starting shit.. Just laughing because you remembered a post from so long ago..

There are a few people like that on other boards.. they seem to be able to remember everything that has ever been posted.

A dood stuck in the back of a semi that was killed on impact is a little hard to forget...

I forgot that it was posted on here. I have seen it on all the other boards as well.

I forget what you look like. all I can remember is a you kinda look like a tubleweed that rolled through a barbershop floor and is covered in hair... :D

Guest MotoGP Tix

All boards go thru this..

I do have a great suggestion though.. (( IMO ))

We have private areas that are password protected...

Move the thread there.. GIVE anyone that asks the password, let em vent..

and if others want to avoid or gawk or participate..they still can

its satans bandwidth so he can do what he wants. when everyone else starts paying the "bills" then I guess your opinion will really count

Well put! Stickers, Business cards, and software aren't free!

how does someone get banned thrice yet still somehow come back each time?

Ever heard of second chances?

If the person who pays the bill is the only person who has an important opinion then make this a private board for paying members only.If not then you need to give equal importance to all members opinions.You should not delete or move members thoughts to places that is not open to all members.

If the person who pays the bill is the only person who has an important opinion then make this a private board for paying members only.If not then you need to give equal importance to all members opinions.You should not delete or move members thoughts to places that is not open to all members.

Technically he does own the board and pays for the bandwidth and can do whatever he wants no matter what any of our opinions are. That is one thing that we all have to remember, me included.

Okay this shit is way out of hand again. Satan named mods and admins for a reason. He put it to a vote and ALL thought it should have been closed. Mrbert took what shittygsxr said WAY out of context and it snow balled from there! Look we are not all going to get along and sing happy camp fire songs but when needless fighting goes to far and personal attack start flying some one needs to step in and act like an adult. Satan didn't make this board so he could have total control but to meet new riders, bull shit with them and learn more about the sport he loves. He, like everyone else will have an opinion and we all might not like it but when it comes to a big changes he will ask EVERYONES opinion before pulling it in place.

http://ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=3311

Case and point!

Look for a thread like that, that are snow balling so fast WE as mods/admins have to take control of it. Satan tries to please everyone but damn when a thread is about Motorcycles (what this broad is about) moves to who saves lives and donates more something has to be done.

We (mods/admins) want everyone to enjoy this board and voice their opinions but this putting people down is stupid and redundant. Grow up people! Satan did the right thing. Look at it from his side?

And as for favoritism. Everyone that you believe he is playing favors with trust me he has had issues with past with. They are called private messages for a reason. He tries to keep as much fighting off the board as he can. If one person is being a dick/bitch he will try and end through messages. But when 4+ people are fighting there is no time for that, action needs to be taken. So the mods/admins vote on it, generally. And okay there maybe one person he favors with but remember if he is not nice to that person he won’t get laid!

Okay now I know many will cut me down because I am that person but remember when he giving up his evenings to defuse fights on this board. I have to sit there and see how frustrated he gets about it. He does give up a lot of time to keep this board running from writing scripts to closing threads. Most of what he does no one sees so take that in consideration before you think he just want to take control of threads.

Let’s just try and remember he is more than just an asshole but pretty cool person for putting as much time as he dose into this board.

I'm not saying that satan is doing bad job.I think he is going above and beyond with this site.I am trying to help improve this site.If you are so big on PM why not try that first instead of closing the thread.It might also be a good idea to change the moderators around every so often and maybe try to get one or two from outside of central.maybe cleveland or cinni.Just to get an opinion that doesn't come from this site's inner circle.CBRgirl before you post an upset reply about how I'm wrong try to look at what I'm saying from an outsiders view. Your group of friends posts more than anybody else.Nothing wrong with that but they also get treated like their opinion is more important than others and half of them are moderators.I would just like to see someone from outside your "circle" to have a little bit more say in how things are handled here. Move power more towards a democracy and further from a dictatorship.