New River Gorge bridge

knodel

if i did it again it would probably be a solo ride, 16 hours is a long ride 2-up on my bike.

I was thinking that last time. I wouldn't want to be 2 up that long, it's rough enough solo

We went last year. Took 35 through Ohio down to 64 in WV. From there, we jumped over to Route 60 and followed it all along the river. We spent the night in Glenn Ferris at the Glenn Ferris Inn. If you stay there, make sure you look up at the third floor window. There is a creepy civil war manequin in the window.

The next morning, we followed 60 and stopped at Hawk's Nest. There are some great views from there. Then 60 on over to 19 south to the bridge. Make sure you take the old road down to the bottom.

We met some guys that told us 39/55 through the Monogahela National Forrest, is a great ride. We wanted to do it, but we ran out of time and good weather.

On 60, you will see some really interesting river towns.

It was a fun trip.

Hey prez, where are the pics?
You mean after all the impatient grumbling you did, & you never even saw them?? :rolleyes:

The ride recap's been posted over on the DTC board for almost a month now :nono: