Ohio Riders got a "bad ride review"

Casper

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldnt imagine the ride being that bad as there are some people one here that are still a bit new to riding and couldnt set a serious pace if they wanted to.

Exactly. And a majority of the people who go on the big rides like to cruise, not race. Sometimes shit will speed up a bit, but everyone always ends up slowing down and waiting for everyone. Its just how it is. This guy must have tried to keep up with the fast group and got his panties in a twist when he couldn't.

it is much more fun being recognized as a bunch of badasses, that post of his would have totally sucked if he said everyone rode really slow and used all kinds of hand signals.

That is true...

But its on the shitty VRF forum.....no pun there..shitty:)

Well we need some real street cred bornsinner go stab somebody ok

Damnit man, you can't be saying shit like that. It makes me laugh out loud and this is a quiet office. Fuck.

:lol:

By the way, I found the old link to that thread:

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=3120

I remember this ride. Putty and Flounder did not attend...neither did Pedro. We organized this ride from one BornSinner's parties, and I remember interest was low because of the possibilities for hangovers. I think this was the weekend before our Deal's Gap trip. Me, Brad, Carla, R6Chic, Satan, and CBRGirl went on this ride...and a bunch of strangers as well. Carla and Brad wore their leathers for the first time. I think Satan and CBRGirl turned off early...I don't recall seeing them at Indian Lake...

Anyway, as soon as we got on the back roads...a red VFR or Superhawk was out in front. We were doing maybe 70...then I had enough. Like all of our rides...dirt or street...it's always a race...well, at least for part of the ride it is. This ride was uneventful...it was all flat/straight. We even took the freeway home.

I remember this older guy on the new zx-14 flew by everyone as we were slowing down to make a right...i guess he wasn't too interested in the turn :) He did manage to catch back up with us.

I read the guy's post on the other forum about this ride. I think there's always a fast group and a slow group. With that being said, I don't think anyone in the slow group goes the speed limit. I feel everyone that I've ever been on a ride with is fairly safe. Passing on a double is illegal...but we all do it. Passing multiple cars on a double is illegal. So, if you pass one...you might as well pass them all...right!? :) This guy should never go to Hocking Hills or on our Zanesville trip (Flounder and Putty know what I'm talking about!)

It sucks for that guy that he didn't have a good time. However, I probably wouldn't have a good time if I was on his ideal ride. I don't care to look at the flat farm scenery of eastern ohio. I don't care to 'cruise' on my SPORT bike.