Vintage bikes

jmwildi

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For directions I just need the address. As for time, I get off work at 7 am so it'll be sometime in the afternoon. How does 4ish sound? That should give me enough time to get some sleep and then get a truck to put the bike in unless it'll stand up to being riden from your place to columbus. If that's the case then i can just catch a ride with someone.

No it wouldn't stand the ride, I should say that although I rode the bike to my place across town a few weeks ago it has developed an annoying habit of drowning the spark when throttle is applied. That's why I am having the carbs pro-cleaned. Not sure if it will do the trick. Bike runs at idle just bogs with throttle, I'm thinking it could be carbs or a piston ring came unseated. Plus I wouldn't trust the back rubber for a highway ride.

the time sounds fine, I can pm you the address

The 68 is gorgeous, has the dream sickle orange tank, uhhhh it's nice. but at $3500 it's just out of my range.

Actually I don't care if it runs or not, non-running would be better in fact. I'm trying to improve / sharpen my mechanical skills and it may sound strange but the best way I know how to learn anything is to dive in head first and figure it out as I go along. Since I don't want to experiment with the bike I ride everyday, I figured an old non-running bike that I can work on is just the ticket. So actually you might have something along the lines of what I'm looking for.

I mean, for the right price I'd part with my V65 sabre.

It's not so much a cruiser but it's definitely not a sportbike.

Needs some pretty significant repair but it does run.

Price would be right too.

You sure you don't want one of these?

1981_GN400X_ronmarty_640.jpg

Kickstart only, and you can do this to them:

80329.jpg

Or this:

y745suzuki.jpg

I can get a definite price for you if you're interested. The bike runs, but needs cosmetic work and possibly a clutch.

EDIT: That V65 is teh sexies. Old-school musclebikes FTW! Because brute force possesses an eloquence all it's own.

Edited by Aerik

I'd like to thank everyone again for their offers and advice. I'm picking up an 81 Suzuki GN400 from Aerik's mom so I've now got my winter project / learning experiment. I'll try to take pics and post them as I work on it and I'm sure I'll have some questions before it's all said and done. :D