New Lady here

Flipwigz

Not only do you not need to bring a bike to class, they won't let you use your own.

You just need to bring shoes that cover your ankles (high top leather sneakers are good, All Stars are not), long sleeve shirt and pants, helmet (they have them if you don't), gloves and eye protection.

The class is a great place to learn if you haven't really ridden much. Those bikes are pretty beat up, and they don't care if you drop one. Let them teach you and bang up one of their bikes instead of your own. You learn a ton, too. I took it this year after a few years of riding, and found it really valuable, and have talked to a lot of experienced riders who say that it was definitely worth it to take the class.

You can still get in. The classes are full, but they always have people who don't show up. I walked in, along with six other people, and nine people who had signed up didn't show, so we all got in.

:welcome: lady rider in the works!

:plus1:for the MSF course. You'll be on 250cc (or smaller) bikes in that class. Once you're done with that you'll have an idea of what the small displacement bikes feel like and start shopping from there. Good luck!

At your size, a Ninja 250 would be just fine, and depending on how you ride after a while, you may never need anything more! Most of the time, I don't need any more than the 250, but when I get out riding the twisties with people on bigger bikes, a bigger bike would be nice to have.

Our point is... the first bike always gets beat up a little bit. It's a learning experience. So plan ahead for that second bike that is nice, and learn first on something easy and cheap. And yes, you're tall enough to ride almost any bike comfortably.

Welcome to the forum. Please nix the 250 idea. Your ability to keep up with & stay out of the way of traffic is essential. My wife spent her first year on a 650 suzuki savage then moved up to a little monster (Ducati 696). Best of luck.