Hey Aprilia riders

joshfz.2008

I know there are a few around here, I'm thinking of getting a Shiver 750. What is the Aprilia maintnace schedule like? That so far is whats kept me from buying a Ducati Monster (i like the naked have faired bikes). Has anyone riden a Shiver? If I get one it will probly be the one sittin up at IP

thanx

Have a Falco, and my last bike was a RSVR. I'm able to do most work on the bike myself, and everything is easy to access. The ladies love them too.:p

Tuono is sexylike. I'm considering selling my RSV for a Tuono next year. These bikes are just as easy (and sometimes easier) to work on as Japanese bikes. There are a few small issues that will need ironed out as soon as you get it (mostly charging system/electrical) but after that they are pretty bulletproof.

There's a wealth of knowledge on ApriliaForum if you get one and have an issue or get stuck. Parts availability is okay, AF1 Racing is really the best source. Iron Pony Aprilia being second in my mind.

These bikes are a lot of fun and I love mine.

Personally I'd get the Tuono over the Shiver, especially if you're going to put someone on the back. Tuono is a wheelie monster. :D

Well the wife wants me to get the tuono, so i don't know yet. i tried the Aprilia forum but couldn't get it to work (i hate living in the middle of no-where and have to use dial-up)

there is one for sale up here in NEO. I went and looked at it and had it not been for finding my VFR I was probably going to buy it. Its on craigslist and is in absolute pristine condition and has some nice add on's as well. I highly suggest a Tuono from just the short ride I had on it

You will not be disappointed with the Tuono. I have 35 k miles on mine and she still asks for more. She has not cost me much in maintenance at all. AF1 is the place to go to get parts and ebay has some also. The insurance is cheap too. Buy one and you will be happy with it for a long time. It does everything I ask it to do from track days to sidewalks and parades.

Nick

Well the wife wants me to get the tuono, so i don't know yet. i tried the Aprilia forum but couldn't get it to work (i hate living in the middle of no-where and have to use dial-up)

You hit the marriage lottery! Get the Tuono before she changes her mind! Shiver's cool too and get's better mileage if that's a concern. Street Triple would be in my option-pool as well.

You should definitely follow in my footsteps and go from FZ6 to Tuono. I bought my '08 Tuono brand new in March and it's probably the best vehicular decision I have ever made. This bike does everything well, has a relaxed maintenance schedule, looks great, sounds great, and can be had relatively cheap these days.

Took this pic yesterday after putting the black seat on...

photo-63.jpg

Oh and as far as issues. It's not an electrical/charging issue exactly. The connectors Aprilia use are sub-par and they fail there are 1 or 2 effected depending upon the bike. Oh, and the back brakes really need to bled carefully. If you're FZ6 is anything like mine was the back brakes are night and day. I could lock the FZ up no problem. The Tuono? Not so much. But, the big ass Brembos at the front make up for it.

Edited by TenTwelve

my biggest part for the shiver was staying under 1000cc because of insurance. Now all that is on hold i think they are shutting down where i work at.

Well, if your luck holds out on the job front stay with the Tuono idea. The insurance really is not that bad and plus it's really just a 998. ;)

• Like 1

some one told me before that insurance is lower on them cause they have less claims, since there are less of them runnin around. now my wife is saying i can keep the fz6, and get a used ducati if she can have a spyder. cause i was planning on trading in my fz6 on an aprilia

some one told me before that insurance is lower on them cause they have less claims, since there are less of them runnin around. now my wife is saying i can keep the fz6, and get a used ducati if she can have a spyder. cause i was planning on trading in my fz6 on an aprilia

After trading in your FZ6 and buying a new (left-over) Tuono you'd be at the same price for a decent used Duc probably.

Anyhow... retrieve your balls from her purse and do what you want to do. Tell her to hike up her skirt and learn how to rise on 2 wheels and get her a beater bike. :D

well i think i'm going to louisville to check out an rsv next weekend if it hasn't sold yet, it has a couple cracks in the fairing but doesn't look to bad in the pics

Cycle Search had an RSVR on their floor when I rode by the other day.....

My 04 was pretty much bulletproof......