Don't ride drunk and high

Casper

Thats a pretty messed up. I can't imagine how that guy feels about that happening.

"possession of marijuana, a minor misdemeanor"

I love how possession of an illegal substance (marijuana) gets you a slap on the wrist while getting caught will alcohol under the age of 21 gets you in a world of trouble. wtf?

Thats a pretty messed up. I can't imagine how that guy feels about that happening.

"possession of marijuana, a minor misdemeanor"

I love how possession of an illegal substance (marijuana) gets you a slap on the wrist while getting caught will alcohol under the age of 21 gets you in a world of trouble. wtf?

Underage consumption/possession is a minor misdemeanor also. So is public intox.

Keep in mind they were BOTh probably in the same condition, partying together. Who knows what caused the wreck, could have been a deer hitting them especially in October in the country. If that was the case it's a different ballgame, nothing would have happened if that did not. I'm not making excuses for the man, it's a shame, but I'll bet she had the same in her system too. And with the fact that drugs stay in your system for a while (coke 3 days, weed usually 45) he might not have even been high but probably was, unless he had been out and just scored... but drunk is drunk, and anything over .08 is drunk. Better off sober for sure. If he had a CDL, .04 is considered drunk and that's not very much.

Still a shame. Bet he won't be able to afford a Harley when he gets out, after losing everything he has. If she was his girlfriend, he lost her too.

Hope he turns his life around. I'll probably make some enemies with this reply but there are always two sides to everything and sometimes things look worse than they really are. You can't dispute the fact that she's dead, though, and he (they both) should have known better. The fact the prosecutor wanted the lesser sentence usually means there is more to the story, ESPECIALLY in Lick-me County. But he was already on probation, so it wasn't his first rodeo...dumb, dumb move. He should have known better than to do that and put them in that position.

But to me getting on the bike drunk is all him in the first place, then letting her on the bike knowing he had been drinking was a 2nd of his mistake.

Yeah her mistake of getting on the bike is also hers, but it is still the rider's responsiblity.