Clarett back at Ohio State

Cdubyah

Discuss...

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State University says former football star Maurice Clarett has been granted re-entry to pursue his degree after he spent more than three years in prison.

Ohio State spokesman Jim Lynch says in a statement that Clarett started classes on Monday after he was readmitted by the College of Education and Human Ecology, where he was originally enrolled.

Clarett says in a statement that it is a "surreal feeling to be back at Ohio State" and that he doesn't want to be a "distraction or nuisance" to the football team or other students.

Clarett led the Buckeyes to the 2002 national championship in his only college season. He pleaded guilty in 2006 to aggravated robbery and carrying a concealed weapon, and served 3½ years in a Toledo prison, where he took college-credit courses.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5412090

I applaud him for coming back to school. Hopefully its just to get an education and a job and no other motives.

Only time will tell.

Yeah, I agree. Props to him if he has grown up and is truly trying to make something better of himself.

Hopefully there won't be any more news about him and he can just finish his degree without causing anymore trouble.

I applaud him for coming back to school. Hopefully its just to get an education and a job and no other motives.

Only time will tell.

Yeah, I agree. Props to him if he has grown up and is truly trying to make something better of himself.

:plus1:

thank god he isnt eligible to even attempt to covince the Vest to let him back

You do know that is why he is back at OSU don't you? He is technically still a freshman and is hoping for a walk on. He is taking summer classes after all. He has been out of prison for several months now.

You do know that is why he is back at OSU don't you? He is technically still a freshman and is hoping for a walk on. He is taking summer classes after all. He has been out of prison for several months now.

I'm almost positive he cannot play because he was on an nfl roster

He played in the NFL... His college eligibility is O.V.E.R

He played in the NFL... His college eligibility is O.V.E.R

he actually never even played a down. He signed a contract with Denver after being drafted by them but due to all his issues and shit they cut him

he actually never even played a down. He signed a contract with Denver after being drafted by them but due to all his issues and shit they cut him

That's good to know. I don't recall him signing with anyone. I remember him giving up his NCAA eligibility, but didn't recall him actually signing. However, I don't follow many sports either, and I certainly don't watch the draft.