New to Ohio Riders

Jst2fst

I'm Adrian i just joined and recently started to learn how to ride. Anyone have any tips for a new rider?

I recently looked at a Suzuki Katana GSXF600 its a fixer-upper for about $300 with about $400 needed in parts. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it tomorrow and learn how to rebuild a bike.

Anything bad about the 93 Katana's ?

They like to go rubber side up in Coshocton.

Welcome to the madness! I agree with the others, all the gear, all the time. At a minimum, Jacket, helmet, gloves, and boots (work boots are better than flip flops!) I'd rather be hot and sweaty than take a chance on getting tore up if (more like when) I go down.

They like to go rubber side up in Coshocton.

Welcome to the madness! I agree with the others, all the gear, all the time. At a minimum, Jacket, helmet, gloves, and boots (work boots are better than flip flops!) I'd rather be hot and sweaty than take a chance on getting tore up if (more like when) I go down.

Dress for the crash, not for the ride ;)

yes... inside joke. :-P a few katana riders have crashed in or on the way to coshocton... has nothing to do with the bike...

anyway, welcome!

The record so far is something like Coshocton 1289 - Katana's 1 or 2! :lol:

The best advice I can give a new rider, being that I've only been riding a little over a year is to not ride any faster, or corner any harder than you're ready for. Start out slow, and build skill. There are many tips I can offer for every aspect of riding, from corner entrance (one I'm still working on) to taking off and stopping (don't kill the engine) and I have a long way to go on learning to ride a bike!

Welcome to the site.

Best advice for a new rider:

Take to MSF course.

Buy respectable gear (Helmet, jacket, pants, gloves, boots) that will protect you, and Always wear it! Best gear in the world, won't protect you if it's still hanging up at home.

Always ride at your own pace. When you try and keep up with others who are faster/better riders, that tends to be when trouble occurs. Most groups will wait for you at the next stop sign, or turn off. We would much rather wait a few seconds for you to catch up at the next stop, then to double back, and pick up a wrecked bike and see a possible injured rider.

Best advice for a Katana rider: Stay far far far away from Coshocton!