Corbin seats

max power

The Corbin seat on my bike is the only thing I don't like. One of these days I'm either going to get it redone or buy a new seat. I can tolerate it on a long ride but I know exactly why my ass hurts after 500 miles. That damn seat! :nono:

I've had 3 Corbins, still have 2 of them. Excellent seats for long days in the saddle. You could probably get $200 for it on a forum for your specific bike.

They can be ordered standardm or custom (shorter, taller, narrower, etc). The foam is the same density, weight wouldn't really make a difference

I've had 3 Corbins, still have 2 of them. Excellent seats for long days in the saddle. You could probably get $200 for it on a forum for your specific bike.

They can be ordered standardm or custom (shorter, taller, narrower, etc). The foam is the same density, weight wouldn't really make a difference

Thats it. Couldn't remember exactly how it was as I've never ordered one. You give them your height and inseam. I sat on a Busa with a Corbin. It was the worst seat I've ever been on but it was made for a guy over 6 ft tall

Interesting. Mine came on the bike when I bought it, seems like is either a hard foam, gel or a mixture of the two. Imo it's as hard as a rock. I slide around on it good but when you're planted it's almost instantly uncomfortable. Looks nice, that's about it.

I'm looking at buying it from a guy on an FZ1 forum. I need to ask which one it is.

Interesting. Mine came on the bike when I bought it, seems like is either a hard foam, gel or a mixture of the two. Imo it's as hard as a rock. I slide around on it good but when you're planted it's almost instantly uncomfortable. Looks nice, that's about it.

The foam is hard so it doesnt break down. My stock seat is horrible after 2k miles. After about an hour I can feel the plastic from the seat pan! The stock foam is too soft.

I bought a slightly used Corbin for my 600rr and I swear by it. Granted Honda's probably have the worst seats ever for comfort, I never fully broke it in and it was still a night and day difference

Been happy with my Corbin, but I agree, it is a hit-or-miss kind of seat for people. I've had Corbins on my FJR and my SV650 and loved them both. It is a "delayed gratification" kind of seat, though. The firmness is designed to spread out the pressure in areas that get uncomfortable after long periods of time, so definitely not on the plushy side. I have to applaud its durability and quality...it's handled my butt for the last 88k miles and has been through many a rainstorm, snowfall, and roasting heatwave.

I'm a fan of the corbin on my bike. My only complaint is it's hard to get off the seat trying to corner. They're designed, as someone mentioned above, to distribute the "load" more evenly. So on my seat the outside edges feel like the wrap around me a bit. In order to slide off the seat I have to pick myself up and move my body over.

Now that I'm living in Nashville and there are some really good roads and not to mention Nashville speedway within a couple minutes of my house I have my stock seat for those spirited rides. Hands down I'll take the corbin for any amount of distance. The furthest I've ridden on it is about 400 miles and I had no complaints with the seat.

Is $200 for a slightly used Corbin a good deal? It is $260 new. :dunno:

Seat looks newish, so $200 is a fair price. - I'm on my 3rd one -no complaints (3 different bikes) - I've done 1800 miles on one, a multiday trip. Probly buy another for whatever next bike I try. There are other good ways to go, but I'm a creature of habit.

Edited by mello dude

The Corbin seat on my bike is the only thing I don't like. One of these days I'm either going to get it redone or buy a new seat. I can tolerate it on a long ride but I know exactly why my ass hurts after 500 miles. That damn seat! :nono:

I personally prefer Sargent. I had one on my Duc and loved it.

I don't know if its just teh VFR's that this holds true, but from everything I've read the Sargent seats are more suited for a skinnier rider where the Corbin's seem better for a rider with some meat on his bones

I don't know if its just teh VFR's that this holds true, but from everything I've read the Sargent seats are more suited for a skinnier rider where the Corbin's seem better for a rider with some meat on his bones

i have a corbin, whatre you tryin to say, buddy? :wtf:

nahh jk i know :( haha

Corbins seem to be the inverse of a typical seat. They seem kinda uncomfortable at first but get a bit better as the ride goes on and the seat softens up a little. Stock seats, if they're comfy at all when you first sit on them, start to pack down and get real uncomfortable after an hour or two. Kinda depends on how long you typically ride for.

Either way, if you keep it in decent shape you'll almost definitely be able to sell it for what you got it for if you end up not liking it.

my corbin seat cracked.

it was bought new in 1997 though, not sure how long theyre supposed to hold up....but im to the point where i would like to get mine refinished....and theres a hole in it for the gas cap, but the hole is so small i have to remove the seat to put gas in it...thatll be addressed when i repair the seat too

Seat looks newish, so $200 is a fair price. - I'm on my 3rd one -no complaints (3 different bikes) - I've done 1800 miles on one, a multiday trip. Probly buy another for whatever next bike I try. There are other good ways to go, but I'm a creature of habit.

He said he is the second owner and it has around 25oo miles on it.

The Sargent is $450 new, so I'll never know.

Corbins seem to be the inverse of a typical seat. They seem kinda uncomfortable at first but get a bit better as the ride goes on and the seat softens up a little. Stock seats, if they're comfy at all when you first sit on them, start to pack down and get real uncomfortable after an hour or two. Kinda depends on how long you typically ride for.

Either way, if you keep it in decent shape you'll almost definitely be able to sell it for what you got it for if you end up not liking it.

A brand new one is $260 with warranty from Corbin. I assume there is shipping on top of that.

I like mine, with the exception that it was too slippery. I have the same pattern in that photo and without fail I would slide down to the tank. I've finally worked that out more or less and its way better than stock. In retrospect, I should've just paid the extra for a new one in standard leather vs the weaved vinyl pattern I got on ebay.

I like mine, with the exception that it was too slippery. I have the same pattern in that photo and without fail I would slide down to the tank. I've finally worked that out more or less and its way better than stock. In retrospect, I should've just paid the extra for a new one in standard leather vs the weaved vinyl pattern I got on ebay.

The seller claims this one is leather.