WHY... Just why? 2010 Yami MT-01

curby

It's a sweet ride...I've been drooling over that bike for the last couple years. When Flying Brick and I were up in Canada in May we were looking in phonebooks for a nearby Yamaha dealer to see if we could see one in person.

Same goes for the Yamaha XJR1300. It's a naked FJR with chaindrive! And that thing isn't even sold in Canada. :nono:

That bike is part hotness, part inbred stepchild. The oblong cover screwed in the frame reminds me too much of a Harley, while other parts of the bike are schweet. Dunno that I would have one, but wouldn't knock it either.

Yeah the horizontal things on the tank are not appealing but the bike IMHO is complete hotness. To each their own but I own one. I'd rock the socks off that beast.

Maybe it's because I'm partial to yamaha and I always wondered what my engine in sport Ike attire would be like. Well o dream no longer. Lol

MT-01 does look pretty tough. they are suppose to sell the r4 {250cc} in the states for 2011. shoulda named it r2.5 . gonna cost like 1k more than the ninja 250 i here. sorry curby , :bow:dont mean to sabotage your thread.

I can't imagine it doing well at that price point. I think the Ninja 250 is pretty well overpriced for what it is. I love my little older 250, but the price they're getting for the new one will ensure that I'll save my money for a bigger bike (not that I would get a NEW bike anyway!)