1987 Honda Hurricane CBR1000F parts - $40 obo

Disclaimer

I forgot I posted this up on CL awhile back, I really didn't want to bother trying to get rid of this stuff on here (because IMHO the parts are really BTS), but I suppose if an ORDN member wants any of this stuff, I'd give them dibs. I'm NOT FIRM AT ALL on the $40. I really have no clue what this stuff is worth in the condition it's in - Make an offer.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/1833641229.html

If the link expires... here's the txt.

1987 Honda Hurricane Parts - Gauge Cluster, Belly Fairing, & Tail - $40 (Elyria)

Date: 2010-07-09, 10:48AM EDT

Reply to: sale-qsggz-1833641229@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a few parts I removed (and replaced) from a 1987 Honda Hurricane CBR1000F that I no longer own, so I'm just trying to get some of this stuff out of the garage. I don't have the parts in front of me right now, nor do I have pictures (though I'm willing to take some if you're interested) - so I'm describing them from memory. These parts are by no means cosmetically perfect.

1) Gauge Cluster

*I think it's got just over 10,000 miles

*One of the gauges has a crack across it (Don't remember if it's the speedo or the tach -- it's readable and was functioning when I took it off 6 years ago, but the crack was annoying to me, so I replaced the entire cluster)

*I think one or maybe two of the mounting tabs are broken as well

Make Offer

2) Belly Fairing

*Previous owner had obviously tried to repair it with rivets, epoxy putty, and sheetmetal cross brace. Fail. It will bolt to the bike, but will be sloppy on the underside. I don't recall if it's got any rash on it or not.

Make Offer

3) Tail Section Plastics

*The big U-shaped tail fairing that the rear tail light mounts into.

*It was also replaced by me for a better cosmetic piece.

*The tail section has a repaired patch on it.

Make Offer

4) I also have a spare rear stand that I'd like to get rid of, but I'm asking $50 for that alone. I have no idea what brand it is. Not really part of the Hurricane part deal, but since I'm posting anyway, I'll throw it out there.

Like I said, I'll take pictures if you want of any of these parts. I'm just trying to get junk out of my garage. I don't know what they're worth in the condition they're in, so no reasonable offer will be refused. $40 for all of them would be super. These parts aren't show pieces, but would be good parts if you absolutely needed a replacement piece to get by until you find that perfect boneyard piece you are looking for -- or you really don't care about cosmetics. Some people are function over form, I respect that.

Shoot me an e-mail via the contact at the top and I'll reply ASAP. I'm on the westside of Cleveland. Prefer pickup, I really don't want the hassle of shipping these parts.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1833641229

• 6 months later...

Bumping this for new ad, with pics...

1987 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane Parts (Cluster / Fairing / rear stand) - $40 (westside)

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/2212769555.html

I have a few parts I removed (and replaced) from a 1987 Honda Hurricane CBR1000F that I no longer own, so I'm just trying to get some of this stuff out of the garage. These parts are by no means cosmetically perfect.

175596_531680451489_53800032_31160226_851381_o.jpg171398_531680471449_53800032_31160227_7612454_o.jpg

1) Gauge Cluster

*I think it's got just under 10,000 miles

*Speedo has a crack across it (it's readable and was functioning when I took it off 6 years ago, but the crack was annoying to me, so I replaced the entire cluster)

*I think one or maybe two of the mounting tabs are broken as well (see photo)

Make Offer

175022_531680406579_53800032_31160224_296376_o.jpg175463_531680436519_53800032_31160225_7509037_o.jpg

2) Belly Fairing

*Previous owner had obviously tried to repair it with rivets, epoxy putty, and sheetmetal cross brace. Fail. It will bolt to the bike, but will be sloppy on the underside. I don't recall if it's got any rash on it or not.

Make Offer

3) Tail Section Plastics

*The big U-shaped tail fairing that the rear tail light mounts into.

*It was also replaced by me for a better cosmetic piece.

*The tail section has a repaired patch on it.

Make Offer

4) I also have a spare rear stand that I'd like to get rid of, but I'm asking $50 for that alone. I have no idea what brand it is. Not really part of the Hurricane part deal, but since I'm posting anyway, I'll throw it out there.

I'll take additional pictures if you want of any of these parts. I'm just trying to get stuff out of my garage. I don't know what they're worth in the condition they're in, so no reasonable offer will be refused. $40 for all of them would be super. These parts aren't show pieces, but would be good parts if you absolutely needed a replacement piece to get by until you find that perfect boneyard piece you are looking for -- or you really don't care about cosmetics. Some people are function over form, I respect that.

Shoot me an e-mail via the contact at the top and I'll reply ASAP -- In the subject line, put "HURRICANE parts" ('HURRICANE' in all caps, 'parts' in all lower case -- this is my poorman's captcha system). I'm on the westside of Cleveland. Prefer pickup or local meet spot, I really don't want the hassle of shipping these parts.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2212769555

• 1 month later...