track day tag along

grapesmuggler27

So I'm looking at a few options either buying a track bike or buying a new bike and making my bike into a track bike but before I do either I would like to tag along with someone for a day and see what all goes on the preparing it takes kinda everything involved before I wrap up that much money so if anyone is interested with having a newb hang out with them at the next track day let me know Im will to help out however I can

mid ohio tomorrow and wednesday. free admission to spectators.

you don't have to have a huge front of money to see if you want to do it. STT/mid ohio/Nesba have the novice program and leather rentals.

the novice bike req'ts are very minimal, tape your lights, wheel weights, and go! you also don't need to buy a suit upfront because they have leather rentals for 50-100.

its when you get into the higher classes (if you get hooked) where it becomes expensive, DOT's/Slicks need warmers, bodywork, etc...

Take your bike that you have now. Make sure you have frame sliders. Go into the novice class and don't push yourself too hard. You will learn a lot and find out if you like it enough to buy a second bike.

^it's not a bad idea to hang out for a day without having to worry about riding.

just watching tech, seeing how registration works, attending the beginner group riders' meeting, etc. is really helpful.

Then once the day starts, you're just getting a sun tan. mid-ohio is definitely closer for you than BeaveRun.

You are up north so, I would check out Fasttrax's track days to see what goes on. Or, drive about an hour and watch the folks at Mid-Ohio. Essentially, track days are all pretty much the same as stated. Only a few have Novice programs and really, I would suggest to just tape her up and go for it!

The novice groups are designed to be user friendly and you will get more instruction than free for all riding. The reason being is that street riding and track riding are as polar opposite as man and woman.

If you go to a track day, there's no pit bitch work to be done other than help with stands and maybe warmers. You are also not going to get a real gist of what goes down as you will only be watching bikes come and go and hear announcements.

You are welcome to come to an STT event of ours and actually sit in on our novice program and hear what is told to the riders. I cannot obviously speak for every other org, but we could allow that.

But, I would just do it. Sign up and get out there.

You will have a lot more fun on the track. I did my first track day this year it was a blast even though I laid my bike down. I got too cocky it was my fault. I would suggest meeting with someone that's been to three track you want to go to and have them help you. I think the puts would be a boring day.

You will have a lot more fun on the track. I did my first track day this year it was a blast even though I laid my bike down. I got too cocky it was my fault. I would suggest meeting with someone that's been to three track you want to go to and have them help you. I think the puts would be a boring day.

I'm sure that I would but that's not what I want to do right now I know for the most part I will be bored but its something I want to do. I thought that's what the forum was about helping out other riders

^it's not a bad idea to hang out for a day without having to worry about riding.

just watching tech, seeing how registration works, attending the beginner group riders' meeting, etc. is really helpful.

Then once the day starts, you're just getting a sun tan. mid-ohio is definitely closer for you than BeaveRun.

this is exactly what I want to do next year, just to dip my toes in and see what its like first without being nervous as shit having to ride that day too

come on out to Midohio tomorrow and weds. There will be plenty of us there.

Also, if you wanna drive a bit further (but not that much further) check out sportbiketracktime.biz/ and look at the schedule to see where and when there is a STT day (Grattan, Gingerman, Putnam, many more), or there is motoseries.com and they have dates at Nelson's Ledges in Garrettsville, OH and Beave Run, and there is also NESBA and they have days at Beaver, Putnam, and quite a few other places.

If you see any days/locations on any of those orgs, just post up and I'm sure somebody will be going to it that will help you out. I believe NESBA might even have a "get your toes wet" type of deal where you get to run a session or two for free. Just have to get your bike prepped (tape up stuff, etc). Also, STT and NESBA both have run events where there isn't a membership fee AND the days were discounted... a very good deal, if you just wanted to try it out.

See ya out there!

PM me if you want to hang out on the 28th. it's about a 3 hour drive from Delaware, OH to BeaveRun.

I'll be there Friday evening, camping that night, and then riding all day Saturday. I believe Jbot will also be there, and is riding Saturday, and racing on Sunday.

Great idea you got! I would deffently go watch one before you do one, I did and it helps just to see how things go before you do and find your self spinning in circles not knowing whats going on. I will be doing a track day aug 21st at mid ohio from 3-dusk?

Its on a sat. which might help. You are more then welcome to come hang out. I will be helping my buddy do his first track day also. Please feel free to come out and see how things flow it really does help.

come on out to Midohio tomorrow and weds. There will be plenty of us there.

Also, if you wanna drive a bit further (but not that much further) check out sportbiketracktime.biz/ and look at the schedule to see where and when there is a STT day (Grattan, Gingerman, Putnam, many more), or there is motoseries.com and they have dates at Nelson's Ledges in Garrettsville, OH and Beave Run, and there is also NESBA and they have days at Beaver, Putnam, and quite a few other places.

If you see any days/locations on any of those orgs, just post up and I'm sure somebody will be going to it that will help you out. I believe NESBA might even have a "get your toes wet" type of deal where you get to run a session or two for free. Just have to get your bike prepped (tape up stuff, etc). Also, STT and NESBA both have run events where there isn't a membership fee AND the days were discounted... a very good deal, if you just wanted to try it out.

See ya out there!

Would love to but I got to work so one day I can support my habit what are the times anyways

good question lol. i'm guessing something like 8am to 5pm, but i'm going to have to find out. their weekend dates go from 2pm to 8pm, but i've never been to a weekday date before.

Yeah I work 730 to 330 so I wouldn't be able to make that

You can always meet me at my house Aug 21st if you would like, i live 5mins from the track . Then thats way your not looking for somebody you dont know at the track. Ill be more then happy to show you how things go and introduce to some of the coachs so you could even ask questions if youd like. Let me know and ill send yea my address and phone number.