Need Help Starting

Jst2fst

Ok, I just went out today and hooked my bike up to a portable battery box and tried to start it. All lights work and gauges seem to be functioning. I go to try and start it and all it does is crank but no actual starting. The bike sat for a year so I'm not sure how to coax it into starting again. The oil light came on so I know I need to add some oil to the case. Also I noticed that one of the carbs bowls had fuel leaking from a screw on the side of its bowl it was only one bowl screw that was doing it any suggestion as to why that happened. I went out and bought some seafoam but I don't know how to use it as a starter fluid I need help from you guys

1. If the gas has also been sitting in the tank for a year + too, might need to drain the tank and drain the bowls and put in fresh gas. If your lucky it's just bad gas.. Might be a good idea to take a flashlight into the tank and check for rust.. Which leads to seeing if you got a clogged fuel filter.

2. make sure fuel petcock all the way open..

3. Check the plugs.. check for spark

4.seafoam is not a starter fluid... If you flood the intake with seafoam it really won't want to start.. seafoam in the gas however will help to clean stuff.. once you get it running.

The bowl screw might just be loose or could have a leaky seal (if it has seals)..

Your oil light should come on when it cranks. when pressure builds up the light will go off. Check the site glass on the side to see if you really need to add oil. But if it's been sitting for a year, you should change it, along with the gas like stated above.

Is the kill switch in the run position. ;)

:plus1: Some will not crank with the kill switch off, some will. I have one of each, and get tripped up by it once in a while, especially when someone else hits the kill switch when I turn away while putting my gear on.

Are you in NEUTRAL with the kickstand down?

Fixed.