Dublin, Ohio area riding group

Doc M

I am in for a ride. I don't go out very much and when I do it is on poker runs or rides with the husband. I

Well it's time you get out more and ride!

Are we going to try for Strictly Street's route this coming weekend then? (I'm also fine with another route, it's just I THINK, his was the only actual route that's been posted and I'm lazy atm.) I'm free for a ride Fri, Sat, or Sun..but, I would guess... that Saturday the 4th would be best for the majority. I might be wrong on that too..I usually am heh

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we rode all day today in the Terry McDowell poker run otherwise I'd went on Sunday but I got

lots of stuff around the house I need to do since we were gone all day Saturday.

You're not alone. I got that from a couple of people.

Hey, it's a good time to plan a better route.

I'm thinking 4-6 hours with stops about every hour or so, gas up, water, smoke em if you got em, stretch the legs and move on.

Lunch somewhere in the day.

Coshockton or Hocking doesn't matter much to me. Maybe somebody has a better route in the south east or south west?

Any thoughts?

I'm all for a good ride, but first I need to get the 4k mile service stuff done. I just looked my bike over and see a few things that worry me a bit (rust on the chain?). If done this week, then weekend = absolutely.

Not to threadjack, but if anyone knows a decent place to take my bike please let me know. I'm learning as I go and I don't want to screw something up by doing it myself.

Edited by sartorius

I'm all for a good ride, but first I need to get the 4k mile service stuff done. I just looked my bike over and see a few things that worry me a bit (rust on the chain?). If done this week, then weekend = absolutely.

Not to threadjack, but if anyone knows a decent place to take my bike please let me know. I'm learning as I go and I don't want to screw something up by doing it myself.

I've had my bike worked on by both Iron Pony/Yamaha of Columbus and the dealership where I bought it... Honda Northwest in Hilliard.

Nothing bad to say about either place, as matter of fact its going to Honda NW tomorrow for its 8K mile service.

Late notice.

Taking some days off and riding tomorrow. Probably leaving 8:30 or so from Hilliard area. Just now planning route but thinking 23S and 56SE to Athens, 550E to Marrietta, 26E to 255S via 800, then 536W to 78.

From there I'll see how I feel and it's either 800 north and slabbing 70 home or more 78 to 376.

Lots of breaks along the way so this could take a while

It'll be easy paced if anyone wants to join.

David

Late notice.

Taking some days off and riding tomorrow. Probably leaving 8:30 or so from Hilliard area. Just now planning route but thinking 23S and 56SE to Athens, 550E to Marrietta, 26E to 255S via 800, then 536W to 78.

From there I'll see how I feel and it's either 800 north and slabbing 70 home or more 78 to 376.

Lots of breaks along the way so this could take a while

It'll be easy paced if anyone wants to join.

David

Thats a very similiar route to the one I rode last weekend with my friend.

800 from the bottom @ 7 up to Woodsfield was in horrible condition due to

a half-assed 17mile spot patching job!

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=64625

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=64761

Thats a very similiar route to the one I rode last weekend with my friend.

800 from the bottom @ 7 up to Woodsfield was in horrible condition due to

a half-assed 17mile spot patching job!

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=64625

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=64761

Yep. I saw that post and thanks for the reminder. I have been wanting to do this far east OH ride but I kept the route on the north side of Woodsfield for that reason.

David

I had a work issue crop up that kept me busy 'til 1am but I still made it out. Didn't leave until 10 but got down to Athens via 56 to see the kid at OU and then back on 56 to 374 and 33 home. A shorter loop than planned but still nice. Hit some gravel in a place or two that took the starch out of my shorts but no mishaps.

I'm looking to go on a ride this weekend I'm off Friday Saturday and Sunday. Need to get the gf work schedule to firm up when but I'm flexible. I'd like to do either hocking (never been except in car) or coshocton (went Sunday alone) but up for anything! I'm a newer rider (1300 miles) but like to push what skills I have and have fun. Anyone interested?

The last "Official" bike night of the year at Hooters.

Hooters Hilliard 9-10 7-9pm or so.

If anybody doesn't know where it is I could meet them at the Shell station on Sawmill by 270.

I'm heading over around 6 - 6:30pm.

Edited by Strictly Street

I'm looking to go on a ride this weekend I'm off Friday Saturday and Sunday. Need to get the gf work schedule to firm up when but I'm flexible. I'd like to do either hocking (never been except in car) or coshocton (went Sunday alone) but up for anything! I'm a newer rider (1300 miles) but like to push what skills I have and have fun. Anyone interested?

were you the squid I passed last night on 670 at 270. Your bike was green and you were wearing shorts. I was on my husky

CSBA ride is on Saturday, Sept 25. I hope to see some of the people from here, on that ride! All types of bikes are welcome, but primarily, it is sport bikes that show up. Ahem...Women are welcome too...so there is no excuse for Dgtl Grl, DiamoGirl and Mr. Dgtl Grl, Mr DiamoGirl not to show up!