Ohio Veterans Bonus

unc7237

FYI Fellow Veterans

You may now apply for your well deserved bonus. I received an e-mail from The Ohio Attorney Generals Office today.

Info and apps at www.veteransbonus.ohio.gov

Paid out in 6-8 wks after they receive signed as well as notorized app & copy of DD214. Anywhere from $350 to $1500 per Veteran.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks for serving!

I hope that is not in any way a negative comment towards me.

???????

Yep. Calling you out. :beating:

:D

Nope. Just me. I refused a VA check too. Most people call me a dumbass but whatev.

If u don't want the money, why not get it and then donate the funds to the Columbus Children's Burn Center, Cancer research or what ever place u like?? I thinking of doing that, depending on how much I get??

Thanks for the info!

"Yep. Calling you out. :beating::D Nope. Just me. I refused a VA check too. Most people call me a dumbass but whatev."

Copy that! I knew you were smarter than that! :D

You are not a "dumbass," Its called PRIDE!

Edited by unc7237

Greetings,

One war veteran's simple question is about to bear fruit for 200,000 of his fellow Ohio veterans.

In 2007, U.S. Army Capt. Thomas Germano, a Mentor native then serving in Iraq, asked my office in a letter if the state offered financial benefits to veterans of recent wars. The state did not at the time, but Capt. Germano's question prompted me to ask the Legislature to ask voters to approve a bonus payment to veterans in salute of their service, just as Ohioans had done after World Wars I and II, Korea and Vietnam. Last November, more than seven in 10 Ohioans approved this bonus.

Today, state leaders and I announced that applications are now being accepted for the veterans bonus.

Veterans can download the application or get more information at: www.veteransbonus.ohio.gov

Eligible veterans who served in the Persian Gulf, Iraq or Afghanistan wars may receive $100 for each month of active duty service up to $1,000. Eligible veterans serving on active duty elsewhere in the world during these wars may receive $50 per month of service up to a maximum of $500. An eligible veteran may combine their service bonuses for a maximum payment of $1,500. Family members of deceased veterans may also be eligible for compensation.

Notary service for applications will be available at all of Ohio's more than 200 county clerks of courts locations.

In addition, assistant attorneys general in my offices in Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Youngstown and Toledo will provide the needed notarization on veterans' applications free of cost.

Information on those locations is available at www.OhioAttorneyGeneral.gov/VeteransBonus

If you know someone who might be eligible for this bonus, please forward this message to that person. And, again, please visit www.veteransbonus.ohio.gov for specific information about the application process and eligibility.

It is very gratifying to see Capt. Germano's suggestion from 2007 finally becoming reality, just as it is gratifying to see Ohio voters reward the service of their fellow citizens.

Sincerely,

Richard Cordray

Ohio Attorney General

Ohio Attorney General | www.OhioAttorneyGeneral.gov | 30 E. Broad St. | Columbus | OH | 43215

Forward to a friend Unsubscribe

Not a joke.

Wait... there was an Ohio bonus for Vietnam??? Never heard of it.

edit: sob there was, and it expired Dec 31, 1977.... argh...

$15 for each month and $30 for in country per month max $500

edit2: I bet my Father missed the one for WW2 also. I'll ask him.

Then I'll email the AG, heheh

Edited by ReconRat

Wait... there was an Ohio bonus for Vietnam??? Never heard of it.

doesn't surprise me. Ohio has always been one of the top states for military service, since the civil war. Seems to follow that Ohio would have the bonus now and back for Vietnam.

Let's see...... my tax dollars that usually go to shit-bag leaches have the opportunity to go in the pockets of someone who left their home, job, family and dog in order to VOLUNTEER risking his/her life to defend me and my way of life... Please accept that money as a tiny piece of what I owe you.

Yep. Calling you out. :beating:

:D

Nope. Just me. I refused a VA check too. Most people call me a dumbass but whatev.

I totally understand, but I voted for it, therefore it's not a handout, and I have no problem with you taking it.

Let's see...... my tax dollars that usually go to shit-bag leaches have the opportunity to go in the pockets of someone who left their home, job, family and dog in order to VOLUNTEER risking his/her life to defend me and my way of life... Please accept that money as a tiny piece of what I owe you.

:plus1: This is a VERY small token of my gratitude.

Could someone give me more info on this.. Does this only apply to Veterans who were in the Iraqi war or does it apply to Vets from Vietnam or all of the in between. Just have some friends who would benefit is all.

EDIT:

Nevermind, was easier just to go to the site lol.. Will pass this on to my buddy, he will be excited. Thanks

Edited by r6allstar

A simple Google search implied that this law was never passed in MI. I've found several web sites that list the other states that have passed similar bills...but MI is not listed.

The link you provided just lists the bill, and it's status as being introduced to the Senate...which is not the same as being a 'law'.

• 1 month later...