PX4 vs XD9 vs M&P 9c

Bad324

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have a great round capacity for a SC as well because the rounds are fairly small. It would be a fairly narrow double stack carry piece and would think 16rnds.

They have a 20 round capacity. But, you can get a kit and make them 30 rounds. That’s like strapping on a M-4 to your side. :bow:

It doesn’t look like FN make one at this time.

Nope, probably not made anymore, but there's 149 of them for sale in Central Ohio. Gun World, New Albany, and Powder Room list them at just under 1100. Found 46 stores within 100 miles. And that's just the one over stocked model. There's several other models that are selling faster.

edit: The double action and the single action tactical are either restricted or out of production. The single action IOM (officer's model) is out of production. The current variant of the IOM is the USG for civilians and looks like it's in current production.

Edited by ReconRat

I love the 5.7mm, this is my next hand gun.

They've come down in price a bit. See em for 8bills once in a while. But yeah I like.

It doesn’t look like FN make one at this time.

They have a couple versions. I think one has a shorter barrel but yeah no subby.

I hear you. But when you move up into this class of pistol it's always gonna be more.

Look at it like this. the 5Seven is quite the nail driver that has very little recoil. Think assault rifle capabilities, IE it defeats vests and Kevlar helmets all day. It has a potential 30 round capacity and all this fits in your pocket. We're prolly lucky its not twice the price it is. In my opinion it seems worth it.

Also a guy that works works for me has one.

He wants a bike. I offered him a straight up trade for my 03 Z. He declined as he said he'll have it forever.

In comparison a HK USP.45 tactical is a $1000 easy. Kimbers are mich more.

They are cool yes. I just think it's an impractical handgun. Basically an ar15 but in a handgun.something I wouldn't carry, something cool to own. Idbrather have a nice h&k usp45 myself to carry. How accurate are they compared to other handguns and similiar sized caliber rifles

Obviously it's not going to compete with a 16"+ barrel, but I've read that they're quite accurate. 2 or 3 years ago Vance's was selling for about $800 and giving away several hundred rounds of free ammo with purchase. I was seriously considering, but was and still am concerned about future ammo availability. That being "said", I'd buy one if I found one for the right price.

...the 5Seven is quite the nail driver that has very little recoil. Think assault rifle capabilities, IE it defeats vests and Kevlar helmets all day. It has a potential 30 round capacity and all this fits in your pocket. We're prolly lucky its not twice the price it is. In my opinion it seems worth it...

FNH makes 50 round mags...

Good luck finding AP rounds as a civilian/non-LEO/non-military . Elite Ammunition makes AP rounds but is currently out of stock. They've discontinued their tracer rounds.

Vance's has these all day at $999/per. I've been trying to convince myself that I need one -- I already want one.

As to the OP, Para makes a sub-compact .45 ACP called the Warthog. New, ~$750, used ~450 and up. Pretty good reviews, and Para doesn't make crap.

Obviously it's not going to compete with a 16"+ barrel, but I've read that they're quite accurate. 2 or 3 years ago Vance's was selling for about $800 and giving away several hundred rounds of free ammo with purchase. I was seriously considering, but was and still am concerned about future ammo availability. That being "said", I'd buy one if I found one for the right price.

im amazed at how much the ammo is for the round. just a quick look and it was around 50-70 cents per round. thats .44 mag and .50 prices there. id pass just cause of the shortage and prices of ammo

The Reminton HD JHPs in 9mil I carry are over $1 a piece. Jussayin'. :D

But yeah plinkin would get pricey.

i guess on the same level i dont take my .44 magnum or .357 or .50 out very often due to this reason. a carry magazine should have the best, so 1 a piece isnt shit. not like your using them for punching paper, or maybe you are:D