PX4 vs XD9 vs M&P 9c

Bad324

distance of penetration of course. its fucking a skinnier bullet and higher velocity. btw sheetrock and humans and ballistic gelatin are all different. compare apples to apples. now...the .45 will destroy more internals, cause its a bigger round. if were hunting , sure we want complete penetration. not the case with self defense. stopping power is the energy tranfered from the bullet which results in bullet damage. bullet damage is what fucks you or an animal up.funny you base your thoughts and opniions from the ole box of sheetrock. get serious

Thanks again for proving my point of your ass doing more talking then your brain. Box o truth was just one example to help you but there are plenty of ballistic gelatin tests out their to show the wound cavities created by different rounds. Enjoy whatever hand-cannon you choose purchase Mr. Gun Guru. Should you choose to actually educate yourself, I suggest you visit here to see the differences in penetration distance as well as wound cavity size. Energy isnt the deciding factor in damage. http://www.brassfetcher.com/

Edited by flounder

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shot placement yes. type of round ,no. 9mm with the black talons wont do as much damage as a fmj fitty cal..

50 caliber? Really? That isn't even relevant or realistic. A 120mm round from an M1A1 MBT will do more damage than a 50 cal. Isn't relevant though.

Buy something that you will carry. For carry, it's my 642 in .38 Special+P or my PPK .380 because they are comfortable as hell and will stop an attack. For home defense, it's my Sig 229 9mm because it happens to live in the Gun Vault next to my bed. For Zombies, it's the 1911 in .45 ACP because I shoot it the best and it transfers more energy. I tend to stay away from these conversations simply because we are dealing mostly with opinions. Is a .45 more powerful than a 9mm? Yes, it is. Is a 9mm ineffective as a defensive/offensive weapon? My opinion is that it will do the job and the ammo is far less expensive leading to more practice, leading to better shot placement. Is a .38 or .380 ineffective? Don't know. I've never shot anything with a heartbeat with those rounds. I'd sure as shit rather have my .38 in my waistband than my .45 in my safe though.

To the OP... Glock- I've owned a 17 and a 26. Both very accurate, very reliable, but were not comfortable in my hand. XD- I've owned a compact XD-40... very accurate, very reliable, more comfortable than the Glock, but I didn't like the trigger. PX-4... no experience with it, but I've read good things. M&P... no experience with it, decent reviews. My all-time favorite sub-compact 9mm was my S&W CS-9. I sold mine and they don't make them any longer. Too bad, it was perfect.

Flame on with the pecker-measuring, but just carry something. The good-guys need more firepower out there.

Thanks again for proving my point of your ass doing more talking then your brain. Box o truth was just one example to help you but there are plenty of ballistic gelatin tests out their to show the wound cavities created by different rounds. Enjoy whatever hand-cannon you choose purchase Mr. Gun Guru. Should you choose to actually educate yourself, I suggest you visit here to see the differences in penetration distance as well as wound cavity size. Energy isnt the deciding factor in damage. http://www.brassfetcher.com/

You have nothing to say but "look at what this guy says" on his site. You have no idea WTF you are talking about. Energy isn't end all deciding factor, but is a huge factor. Box o truth here thinks you read tonmuch and have little hands on expierence

Damn wasn't at my PC and missed the argument....

Oh well Lets just go with "that dude" is basing his opinion on personal preference, and a head so thick his .50 round wouldn't come close to penetrating....

Neither of you yards have proved a point. I know you feel like an ass ...wait a few of you are talking outta your ass. I know I'm correct. Get the mic outta your mouth or speak up.

:lol: and by saying I wasn't opposed to looking at .45's I thought I would avoid starting any arguments

as far as a wheel gun, not really considering them. They are ok but for some reason I am way more accurate with a pistol vs a revolver. I know its just user error but the comfort factor is what makes me stray away as well.

So bad when we gonna go shoot? Fin has ok prices, they are $30 higher then vances(or nces as my dumb ass typed) There is a small shop in canton that is where I got my xd9sc kit from paid $469 out the door for it at a medina show. The kit comes with a mag holder, a plastic belt holster, thumb loader for mags, the gun and two mags in a nice size case. The essentials kit comes with the gun and mag(don't know 1 or 2) $399 for essentials at vances $429 for the kit. $459 at fin.

So bad when we gonna go shoot? Fin has ok prices, they are $30 higher then vances(or nces as my dumb ass typed) There is a small shop in canton that is where I got my xd9sc kit from paid $469 out the door for it at a medina show. The kit comes with a mag holder, a plastic belt holster, thumb loader for mags, the gun and two mags in a nice size case. The essentials kit comes with the gun and mag(don't know 1 or 2) $399 for essentials at vances $429 for the kit. $459 at fin.

gonna have to wait until after this weekend, I am crazy busy

There is nothing wrong with the 9mm since it's been around for over 100 years and still going strong. I would not want to be hit with a 9mm JHP traveling at 1300fps, plus more often than not, a hostile situation might end once the gun is displayed, making the caliber a moot point. Still, I would not carry anything smaller than a .38 on the streets. My newest purchase is the PX4 Storm sub, a reliable weapon as well as being good eye-candy. Shoot them all and then decide...