Christian Sport Bike Assoc Sept 25th Ride

JCMathis

jays the squid, but the last time we rode he wore a riding jacket so its a step up. As far as the sunglasses goes, funny story. On the way home from last months ride his fell off as it started raining hard.

My mistake, too mnay names to remember. Tell jay if he needs a helmet I will be happy to bring him an extra one. He needs to see what happens to riders that crash without a helmet.

My first ride with CSBA, (last year) I didn't wear a lid either. I quickly learned, and respected that this group has a strong focus on Safety and have since wore a helmet, and gradually increased to Full protective gear. At first, I wore it Only out of respect for the group...but the more I wore that Shark RSR2 helmet, the more I wanted to wear it. Now, I can't stand riding more then 5 min without it..unless I'm just in town going 25mph heh. If for no other reason, please ask him to wear one out of respect to the groups focus on Safety. On his own time, or group rides that he leads, he can wear what he wants..but on rides that other people lead..it is just considered respectful to wear what is requested. Just my opinion, from one of the things I've picked up on since I've been a member of Ohio Riders.

That being said..I'm still planning on going..but sadly, I won't be on those good meds again (Insurance problems) so I'll be back to my usual drugged up self.

:busa:

• Upvote 1

How did these posts get moved to the Northeast section? aren't we supposed to be in the Central area?

I sent a message to Casper to see if he would move it but I never got a reply or a move. I guess he is busy. I should have asked him about it yesterday but forgot.

My first ride with CSBA, (last year) I didn't wear a lid either. I quickly learned, and respected that this group has a strong focus on Safety and have since wore a helmet, and gradually increased to Full protective gear. At first, I wore it Only out of respect for the group...but the more I wore that Shark RSR2 helmet, the more I wanted to wear it. Now, I can't stand riding more then 5 min without it..unless I'm just in town going 25mph heh. If for no other reason, please ask him to wear one out of respect to the groups focus on Safety. On his own time, or group rides that he leads, he can wear what he wants..but on rides that other people lead..it is just considered respectful to wear what is requested. Just my opinion, from one of the things I've picked up on since I've been a member of Ohio Riders.

That being said..I'm still planning on going..but sadly, I won't be on those good meds again (Insurance problems) so I'll be back to my usual drugged up self.

:busa:

Thanks Ben for the good words. I am so sorry to hear the insurance will not pay for the good stuff. I hope the old stuff will do ok for you. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.

I sent a message to Casper to see if he would move it but I never got a reply or a move. I guess he is busy. I should have asked him about it yesterday but forgot.

Too busy shooting, game watching, chili making, and bring rep back. :lol:

Thanks Ben for the good words. I am so sorry to hear the insurance will not pay for the good stuff. I hope the old stuff will do ok for you. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.

Prayers are still going up for you, Ben!

He rides pretty fast for not wearing a lid
Fast.

That is all.

I don't get it. You mean in a straight line?

He was a lil ways behind behind the four of us in front so I did not see his lines but did hear from him and those behind him that he was over the yellow lines several times. That being said though he did not fall very far back in the twisties, granted John was also at a slightly tamer pace than usual. So he has ability but would rather he wore a lid on our rides as everyone else does. His time and his rides are just that, his. However when he wants to join in on our hosted rides he should respect our wishes and wear gear as everyone else that rides with us does.

Not my call or anyone elses but John though because he is the chapter leader and the ride organizer so if John wishes to let it slide I am fine with that. I just would rather not have to try and remove gravel and teeth from his mouth to try and maintain an airway till the chopper gets there so his organs can be harvested.

I hope that we're not discouraging anybody from joining the ride, as I'm SURE nobody had that intention. All this helmet, gear, and speed talk is just for safety, and I don't think anybody is trying to bash anyone. I think all of the Kat's (and others) that made it through some of Coshocton is an indicator that all the new guys are either good riders, or smart enough to stay within their abilities, because I KNOW a few of the curves we hit would've taken out someone riding over their head, easily!

I know this time I'll be on the 250, the Hon-duh needs some suspension work for me to be confident doing that sort of riding.

I've been out with Tarr and Brent in Coshocton a decent amount lately and think I've been doing pretty well riding with them, I'd let them put in the input on that. I remember when us 3 went on a route to the river and the roads are not to be taken lightly. I would highly suggest full gear for this ride. I never ride without it but I think he should definitely rock the full gear for everyone elses sake and piece of mind.

Last river ride with UP, someone went down I remember reading and he had to ride home with some broken ribs. That's better than a busted open skull and road rash.

Edited by Radio Flyer

I am, as like others, can attest to wearing ur gear. 555 bit me last year and as much as I tumbled if I wasn't wearing a helmet I'm sure it would hv been lights out, but the good Lord decided to keep me here longer so I am and will always wear mine. :-)

Also, the boy scout shootery was moved to the 26th so barring any other unforseen issues I should b able to make this ride. :-) haven't seen some of ya'll n a while seems like.

Edited by 600ZZ4eb

There are several on here that would not be if they didnt where thier helmet. Nate took a long flight and tumble too in the same crash Ebon is refering to and both walked away. Another prime example is Brian, yes he paralized now but if he had not had that lid on he'd be dead for sure and it would've been a closed casket service. And he was under 30mph when it happened.

I've been out with Tarr and Brent in Coshocton a decent amount lately and think I've been doing pretty well riding with them, I'd let them put in the input on that. I remember when us 3 went on a route to the river and the roads are not to be taken lightly. I would highly suggest full gear for this ride. I never ride without it but I think he should definitely rock the full gear for everyone elses sake and piece of mind.

Last river ride with UP, someone went down I remember reading and he had to ride home with some broken ribs. That's better than a busted open skull and road rash.

You ride like the wind my little grasshopper. You go home in one piece that is all that matters. And I'm not that fast to begin with if you want to learn you need to ride with Todd and Uncle punk more they seem to take good lines one the corners

Edited by Hutch