anyone associated with medical billing look here!

kawi kid

I've wondered about that too. I usually take the bills to someone in HR at work or call the insurance company and submit it to them myself. It's pretty common. I seem to remember Children's Hospital billing us like that after an emergency room visit for one of the kids.

Insurance company's sole purpose is to try and not cover you by any clause they can come up with. It makes them more profitable. The guy that sits next to me at work had a procedure done, and another doctor from the same practice filled in for his doctor. Guess what... doctor wasn't on the group "plan"... CHA-CHING! $2k bill.

Tell the hospital that you are waiting on the insurance EOB (explanation of benefits) to tell you what you owe. If you didn't/ can't get one, it's because they didn't file. If they do file and the EOB states "denied due to timely filing ", you don't owe.

Are you for or against health care insurance reform?

I am for insurance reform not healthcare overhaul. This is pretty much a backward situation, it's not the evil insurance company trying to fuck me, it's the hospital cuz they didn't do their job and now they are trying to penalize me for it.

Are you for or against health care insurance reform?
Tell the hospital that you are waiting on the insurance EOB (explanation of benefits) to tell you what you owe. If you didn't/ can't get one, it's because they didn't file. If they do file and the EOB states "denied due to timely filing ", you don't owe.
you got mail :)

Keep arguing it. The insurance co. is hoping you'll just give up and pay up so they don't have to. My wife argues with ins. co's about chemo drugs all day; stall tactics are SOP. Ask to talk to a manager/supervisor.

No need to answer, but was this something like surgery or a procedure where the precert should have been done by the hospital? I'm thinking if the hospital dropped the ball on that, they should help with this

It was a knee surgery I had in jan of 09. The disputed stuff all surrounds my physical therapy. The hospital never pre certified it with the insurance company so yea the hospital essentially dropped the ball and is trying to pin it on me.