Thinking about selling my bike

gergwheel

Thinking about selling my bike and buying a fun DD. what are your thoughts on this? i got a 2005 Yamaha R6 and I'm thinking about selling it and getting a Celica or something similar. The only time i really ride my bike is when i want to save gas. It just isn't as fun as it used to be and i pay $550 in insurance a year and i only get about 6 months of riding in. plus if i just ride it for the MPG i think i should get something much more comfortable maybe next year.

jesus, why do you pay so much for insurance? mine is like $100 a year, and i have a shitty driving record.

As far as the question, it's up to you, I know i'd be bored to shit with a "performance car" after riding my motorcycle. (unless it was something serious like a Z06, or lotus, even then I'd probably rather have my bike)

Thinking about selling my bike and buying a fun DD. what are your thoughts on this? i got a 2005 Yamaha R6 and I'm thinking about selling it and getting a Celica or something similar. The only time i really ride my bike is when i want to save gas. It just isn't as fun as it used to be and i pay $550 in insurance a year and i only get about 6 months of riding in. plus if i just ride it for the MPG i think i should get something much more comfortable maybe next year.

there was an 07 gsxr going for 3700 the other day...what kind of car are you going to buy for that?

$500/yr for bike insurance? Dang. I paid $180 my novice year. Dunno what I pay now (been riding since 2004) but it sure as sugar ain't $500/yr.

The bike is not a year-round thing. If you need to commute then you need a car for winter etc. If you can't afford both then the car is the obvious choice.

If you can afford to keep the bike too then keep it. Work with your insurance agent to understand why your premiums are so high. Maybe there's something you can do to reduce them.

This is the wrong economy to be selling a bike in.

You may be able to take the MSF if you haven't yet and get a discount on your insurance. I was thinking about going and taking it when I get a chance even though I have had my license for about a year and a half and had my permit for about 9 months before that. I have heard that you get a decent discount for having taken it. Maybe someone who has taken it can confirm this for me.

• 3 weeks later...