Riding with music.....

Jst2fst

Do you ride with music or consider it a safety concern?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ride with music or consider it a safety concern?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, Its a safety concern
    • Undecided

Always ride with music. I use the Chatterbox Xbi unit to connect with my cellphone w/ bluetooth. Its not the best sound quality due to the speakers not being directly in your ears, but it gets the job done.

you got a GSXR too? Apparently I need to schedule some test rides with your bikes :D

i ride with music almost every time i ride. When I listen to it it's kinda like working out in a gym with music your more pumped up and on your toes so to speak. I'm always more observant.

When i ride without it kind of monotonous and i tend to wonder off in thought instead of concentrating on the road. But that's just me.

HE WONT LET YOU!!! Asshat!!! HE'S SELFISH!!

not only that he has a CBR ALSO!!

:D

just because you have half as many cylinders doesn't mean you can be twice as jealous. Now bring me a sammich, putting you in your place has left me hungry.

:D

If I'm commuting or riding alone for any decent amount of time I almost always listen to music. But on group rides I don't because it takes too long to turn the music down if someone is trying to talk to me at a stoplight/stop sign.

Most cars are too quiet to hear over a bike anyway and you should be checking your mirrors and staying alert rather than using sound to figure out whats going on around you.

I don't understand this post. "not to feel too out of place while riding..."?? I don't understand what you are talking about. Feel out of place?

Yea I was kinda thinking out loud while typing. Yea, I'm not really sure what I was trying to say given I typed it.....:nono:

Music good. Can't hear nothing else. Use eyeballs. Most people don't. Car horns can be heard, but sirens... not so much. Watch for that. Both music and road noise will cause noise fatigue. The road/wind noise is worse, and just makes it happen a little faster.

So I was riding in the countryside with an FM radio plugged in. This one commercial had a bigga boom bass thingie... it actually made me jump up off the seat. That didn't bother me too much. Got the heart pumping. It was when it happened the second time that I got pissed at myself...

So I was riding in the countryside with an FM radio plugged in. This one commercial had a bigga boom bass thingie... it actually made me jump up off the seat. That didn't bother me too much. Got the heart pumping. It was when it happened the second time that I got pissed at myself...

Had to laugh at this with the jumping up on the seat a bit. :lol:

• 1 year later...

I got a GMAX helmet for Christmas.It has cut outs for earbuds.My wife bought me an IPOD for Valentines day and I bought a nice set of buds.Allready have 1100 songs.Haven't tried it out yet on the bike but I will.Metal at 56.

Craig

I got a GMAX helmet for Christmas.It has cut outs for earbuds.My wife bought me an IPOD for Valentines day and I bought a nice set of buds.Allready have 1100 songs.Haven't tried it out yet on the bike but I will.Metal at 56.

Craig

Just use more caution when you decide to try this

Had to laugh at this with the jumping up on the seat a bit. :lol:

No shit, I went straight up in the air about 4-6 inches. It felt unglued from the bike, but at least I was still going the same direction. The second time it happened I switched stations.

No shit, I went straight up in the air about 4-6 inches. It felt unglued from the bike, but at least I was still going the same direction. The second time it happened I switched stations.

This is why I have a playlist set for when I ride on my iPod

I did what someone posted on here and bought Bluetooth headphones broke the head band and got it down to 2 speakers and a wire fitted it inside my helmet to where they are not directly over my ears so I can hear other things. I can't faintly hear the music with the wind noise but since it's my iPod I know the songs and can make em out and enjoy

This is why I have a playlist set for when I ride on my iPod

Same here, no more radio. Too many dead spots on too many country roads. But instead of playlists I just use shuffle, and have three different Sansa Clips to use, and set up with different venues. I keep buying bigger ones, and the old ones still work.

Except I don't ride ON the iPod... ummm English, it's a confusing language...

Same here, no more radio. Too many dead spots on too many country roads. But instead of playlists I just use shuffle, and have three different Sansa Clips to use, and set up with different venues. I keep buying bigger ones, and the old ones still work.

Except I don't ride ON the iPod... ummm English, it's a confusing language...

Brain fart, ride on iPod :nono: I have mine on shuffle bout 50-70 songs I think.

Brain fart, ride on iPod :nono: I have mine on shuffle bout 50-70 songs I think.

lol, I have 24 Gigs of high definition audio...

And I still haven't quite filled it up, still trying...

I can go a year without hearing some songs repeat.

Kinda sad really, I should put all the bestest ones on the smaller player.

• 2 months later...

I wore earbuds a few times, the ended up hurting my ears, getting semi-pulled out, or falling out completely. And you have to screw with them every time you take your helmet off.

Picked up a Sena SMH5 and have been very happy. The only thing I disliked at first about it was if you turned your head to the left you could accidently turn the volume up or down. Ive got used to it now and can actually adjust the volume pretty accurately with my shoulder without even taking my hands off the bars.

I was riding for about 10 hours on saturday and had the phone playing music via bluetooth to the SMH5 the entire time, I got MUCH better battery life than having it play through earbuds.

^ do you wear ear plugs as well? After finally wearing ear plugs and realizing how amazing they are, I have been wanting to get helmet speakers but trying to find something that will be loud enough to use with plugs

Not recently with the smh5, I'll give it a shot if I remember tomorrow. I know when you crank the volume up it becomes a little tinny at about the point where it becomes too loud, but with earplugs in it might not be loud enough. The smh10 is supposed to have nicer speakers and you can also pick up the nicer ones for the smh5.