Riding with music.....

Jst2fst

Do you ride with music or consider it a safety concern?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ride with music or consider it a safety concern?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, Its a safety concern
    • Undecided

I can hear my stereo fine with ear plugs in.

If you could fab up a stereo on my bike with the vision I have, it would be my favorite bike mod ever. Seriously, its half the reason why I want a Street Glide

If you could fab up a stereo on my bike with the vision I have, it would be my favorite bike mod ever. Seriously, its half the reason why I want a Street Glide

I'd be happy to help any way I can.

Ear plugs. Music is a distraction. I'd rather be able to hear everything around me. I'm more into paying attention to the corners and the morons around me anyways. My .02c

Yeah, I can still hear everything around me. Everything important anyway. And believe me it makes those long rides way more enjoyable. Have you ever ridden to the west coast in 3 days? It also psyches me up for attacking the twisties listening to some rammstein or disturbed, daft punk, even some bad meets evil...

If you'd rather listen to the drone of your engine on the freeway for hours have at it, nobody's stopping you. If you'd rather hear the wind noise in your helmet, cool... :dunno: not sure why you're preaching at those of us who enjoy some music with our 2 wheeled fun.

I'm gonna say this riding with music made the ride from Columbus to NC earlier this moth more variable. Considering we were in the highway for 12 hrs so this was a plus for the ear buds in plus an easy way to pass the time on long rides on the bike.

I'd be happy to help any way I can.

Yeah, I can still hear everything around me. Everything important anyway. And believe me it makes those long rides way more enjoyable. Have you ever ridden to the west coast in 3 days? It also psyches me up for attacking the twisties listening to some rammstein or disturbed, daft punk, even some bad meets evil...

If you'd rather listen to the drone of your engine on the freeway for hours have at it, nobody's stopping you. If you'd rather hear the wind noise in your helmet, cool... :dunno: not sure why you're preaching at those of us who enjoy some music with our 2 wheeled fun.

Bad knees and a bad back prevent long rides. Riding a sport bike kills the other side of the long distance riding. I can see going insane listening to the exhaust for three days though.

I just got and Interphone F4 for my helmet and it's awesome! Has low profile speakers and is Bluetooth. I don't crank the volume, just enough to hear it and I know the songs, it also has a feature that when you start going faster it gets louder and vise versa which makes it nice to have it at a good volume while in the city but when I jump on the highway it ramps up the volume.

My $0.02

Ear plugs. Music is a distraction. I'd rather be able to hear everything around me. I'm more into paying attention to the corners and the morons around me anyways. My .02c
And believe me it makes those long rides way more enjoyable. Have you ever ridden to the west coast in 3 days? It also psyches me up for attacking the twisties listening to some rammstein or disturbed, daft punk, even some bad meets evil...

I've been old school, nothing but ear plugs for 20+ years of riding. Done that west coast in three days(or less) thing a few times myself, and will admit, I wished I had music at times. I don't think I'll go with ear buds as I see how bad my kids are about turning the volume up a little at a time until they can't hear what's going on around them, but either an old mans bike with a stereo, or in helmet speakers are in my future.

^^do you have a link? If I could ultimately find something that is an ear plug for wind noise but listen to music through my world will be complete!

^^exactly!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5MM-EARBUDS-FOAM-EARPLUGS-HEADPHONES-SILICONE-EAR-PROTECTION-for-IPOD-MP3-/190674116234?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2c65101e8a

• Upvote 1