Ouch

Uncle Punk

I smashed my finger at work Friday and it looks like I might be done riding the rest of this season. I haven't rode since August 31st anyway and am thinking of letting my bike go to get another one in the spring. I find out Wednesday if I need surgery, since the bones are in about a dozen pieces.

picture.php?albumid=412&pictureid=12419

could be the drugs talking.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long story but Todd had it right I had it where it wasn’t supposed to be. I got it caught in a tool changer on a machining center. The damn thing had me trapped for a while before I remembered I had my cell phone with me. The guys I called to help get me out of the machine did a great job and are still picking steel chips out of their bodies. We tried to pry my finger loose but when the pry bar slipped the tool changer arm would clamp down on my finger again. We finally had to take the machine apart to get me free of it after I had to tell them where to find the tools in my shop to take it apart. Damn it seemed like it took forever.

Wuutt? He didnt call the squad, he called his buddies to come get him = baller............. well baller or uninsured.

Yeah, but he's talkin like he's not going to ride the rest of the year. Put a bandaid on that shit and ride.

Of course, I'm prolly out for the year as well. The Busa is on the lift with the fuel tank laying beside it. :nono:

So much for the accident free safety record! I guess working in a machine shop is a kin to riding a motorcycle...it's not a matter of if you have an accident, it's when.

Get that thing fixed up asap boy!

I've seen MANY machinists with missing, or partially missing fingers!

Get that thing healed up man, and quit playing with the tool changer while it's running! (or however it happened!)

I am insured and running this through worker comp but our squads are volunteer and would have taken too long. The guys I called rent the other half of our building plus they weren't going to destroy the machine getting me out. I still need to use it to get this job out on time. I am done working in the shop for a while though which is no big deal right now I need to design our next job so I will be on the computer for a while.

He smashed it ;)
It was where it wasnt supposed to be. :)

You're such a smart ass.

Long story but Todd had it right I had it where it wasn’t supposed to be. I got it caught in a tool changer on a machining center. The damn thing had me trapped for a while before I remembered I had my cell phone with me. The guys I called to help get me out of the machine did a great job and are still picking steel chips out of their bodies. We tried to pry my finger loose but when the pry bar slipped the tool changer arm would clamp down on my finger again. We finally had to take the machine apart to get me free of it after I had to tell them where to find the tools in my shop to take it apart. Damn it seemed like it took forever.

Damn dude, that sucks. Bad enough you smashed the hell out of it, but to be stuck for a while before you could get out makes it worse. Did you think you'd lose your finger while you waited?