Thoughts of Mid-Ohio

Hutch

Overall I had a good time. The track is alot harder than putnam but more fun. alot more tighter corners and longer straights which you can good speed on. The bad was I was in novice and it was a cluster out on the track. it was a large group broke into five I got in 3 five being the fastest? but the group 3 would catch up with 4 or atleast some of the riders in 4 and almost waste a whole session. The class room stuff was ok but if anyone has rode with a guy that has a few track days under his belt you have been told all the same stuff. which is good stuff to no. the control riders were real easy to talk to and new the track well. I just wish when and if I go back there will be less riders in novice.

anyway here is some video my wife took (which has no video skill) I was only able to put alittle together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Whvv-6_EZo

on this one you can HERE THE CRASH that took place right in front of me. one of two within 3 corners of each other

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XdQSV_nNlY

Edited by Hutch

I was in Novice on Monday also. I rode group 5. It was really crowded until the last session, the group atrophied to a manageable amount, and had a some clear track. The good thing is that it persuaded me to bump up to intermediate today, where I only made one line mistake at the higher speeds.Anyway, I think they said novice had 7 riders signed up, a few intermediates dropped down, but it was still less than ten I think.

I was in Novice on Monday also. I rode group 5. It was really crowded until the last session, the group atrophied to a manageable amount, and had a some clear track. The good thing is that it persuaded me to bump up to intermediate today, where I only made one line mistake at the higher speeds.Anyway, I think they said novice had 7 riders signed up, a few intermediates dropped down, but it was still less than ten I think.

how many times have you done mid ohio? and i should of did tuesday instead of monday

Edited by Hutch

Don't get me wrong it was still fun just felt like a lot of laps got wasted because of the traffic. Just felt like there was a few riders that was in group 4 that should of been in 2. I stayed in 3 all day monday. It was the smallest group 3or 4 riders and then two wreck late in the day

Both my experiences in novice (both KTM days) were like that too. Just speak up a little and see if they'll bump you to the faster novice group if they won't bump you to 'I'.

I didn't realize it the first time, but my second time I told them I wanted in the fastest novice group and made sure to line up first bike behind the instructor... then he just let me go after a couple laps. I had at least half the session on the track alone before I caught slower traffic and didn't wanna break the rules by passing other novices.

I was in the correct level of novice (5), on Monday. There just wasn't much open space on the track that day. We were constantly on someone else's ass and some of the slower riders were being dropped by their group and not yielding to the faster groups. No big, and the instructors, namely Tony and Dennis, were trying to keep it constructive regardless of the traffic. I have learned alot from those guys and highly recommend them as good instructors. Unfortunately, I am monetarily tapped out for the year. looking forward to some tracktime next spring.