how to take off ignition? or help doing it! Columbus

BeastieSSSC

i lost my only key for the gixer, so i called ask and they referred me to this locksmith in lancaster that will do it for 25 bucks if i bring in the ignition. its 175 or so if i bring in the bike on a tow. how easy of a job or is there anyone who can meet today to take this baby off? I live on summit and 13th off of osu campus.

Thanks!

Tommy

GSX-R should use a security torx bit if it's the same as other suzy's.

You can get a little set that includes the correct size at harbor freight for like $10.

some auto parts stores sell them too but I don't remember the exact size you need.

http://www.harborfreight.com/33-piece-security-bit-set-93388.html

Actually all you gotta do is take the upper tree off with the cylinder in it to the locksmith he can take it apart from there. Also its a long shot but when the bike was new it came with 2 keys and a little tag with the key code on it if you have it any locksmith can cut that key. Also Carl zipf is on 5th ave close to campus they have done stuff cheap for me in the past.

i lost my only key for the gixer, so i called ask and they referred me to this locksmith in lancaster that will do it for 25 bucks if i bring in the ignition. its 175 or so if i bring in the bike on a tow. how easy of a job or is there anyone who can meet today to take this baby off? I live on summit and 13th off of osu campus.

Thanks!

Tommy

hey man, I live in clintonville, but I'm working today so I can't help you.

the speed factory is on high street across from Giant Eagle, they'll probably help you out.

hey man, I live in clintonville, but I'm working today so I can't help you.

the speed factory is on high street across from Giant Eagle, they'll probably help you out.

thanks man, im going to call them up now. let me know if your around tomorrow as well to help tackle this upper arm. Im a bartender at little bar so we can stop in after. let me know brother

Ninja scott, thats what i was planning on doing here in a second as well, i hope taking that upper arm isnt too bad. i just called honda northwest and they did tell me about the key code. I bought the bike off craigslist here in columbus and his wife lost the spare key. The bike didnt come with the manual either, so im assuming I cant find the key number. He did tell me as well that the number could be stamped inside the cyclinder of the ignition.. but drilling to get to it and all that.. not worth the time.

I've had keys cut from the VIN number on a registration.

Call and ask somewhere if they can do that. Like Carl Zipf.

Take your registration with you, so they know it's yours.

http://www.carlzipflockshop.com/contactinformation/

Edited by ReconRat