So here are the choices...

Cdubyah

Thoughts on the following three choices

Discuss

XD 9mm subcompact $429

WaltherPK 380 $329

S&W Sigma 9mm $359

Right now I'm leaning toward the XD, but I'm worried the subcompact is going to be to small or my bear claw.

Not heard anything about the Walther.

I've not heard mixed things about the Sigma. But it's in the price range I'd like to spend.

Thanks for the advice

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are considering the sigma go for the glock i told you about last night. Its in your price range an a better gun than the sigma, ill let you shoot mine if you want again.

True, but the glock isn't to comfy in my hand, I just don't like the feel of it.

True, but the glock isn't to comfy in my hand, I just don't like the feel of it.

Then you prob wont like the feel of the sigma

Scared you more.

I like the M&P, but it's a bit more than I want to spend.

This is true. I was just starting to pull it into my hand lol

Lol chevy's hair trigger scared him to much lol

:lol::lol::lol: I just busted up thinking about Casey's face!!

Scared you more.

I like the M&P, but it's a bit more than I want to spend.

Fair enough. You can pick them up used right around your price range.

This is true. I was just starting to pull it into my hand lol

:lol:

out of those choices the XD

Personally I wouldnt carry anything less than a .40. Yes a 9 is better than nothing but if you planning on making a purchase get the most effiecnt thing you can buy.

I would suggest a 10mm but thats way out of your budget.

Stay away from the 380. When ammo rushes hit, you wont find 380 anywhere since the manufactures focus on their core selling products like 9mm, 40, and 45.

That's why you dedicate one room of your house specifically to you 380 stock pile like me :D

If there is another ammo rush like the last one it wont matter what caliber you pick up since it will all be gone anyways. Plus prices normally get jacked way up due to demand. So I think the best advice is to start buying it while it's down in small quantites and build your stock pile.

I have the XD so I am bias, but I also owned the sigma. The Sigma is pretty much a full size and not the easiest to conceal. The XD feels much better in my hand and it's a double stack so the gun is a bit bulky. Honestly as I mentioned in one of the other gun threads, the Sigma is an ok gun I never had a single problem with mine. It had a long trigger pull and was a PITA to strip when cleaning, but other than that worked fine. The Xd is much easier to strip, the trigger pull isn't as long, and it has a lot of safety features. I was much more accurate with the XD vs the Sigma. I have no experience with the Walther.

I picked up a used M&P 9mm for $300, they can be found if you look. I think they feel about the same as the XD in my hand. The XD SCs are harder to find used and usually the price difference between new and used isn't that significant. Again I have no experience with the Walther.

My vote is for the XD, but if price is a major factor, the Sigma will be ok, if you can conceal it.

The Walther may be "too small for your bear claw". Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Walther a single stack? The other 2 should be just fine.

Edited by Meanie

ORLY!!!! Is this a special offer just for Cdubyah?

If not I'm interested.

nope, its a an offer for anyone. I just haven't made an official FS thread on it yet because I need some bills to clear before I can pick up its replacement and I don't want to go with no gun

The Sigma' date=' XD and Walther are all garbage. I wouldn't go anywhere without my "Noisy Cricket"

[img']http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:qgWIn_tGxTAd7M:http://www.seanpallas.com/images/props/screengrabs/noisycricket.jpg&t=1

Wish somebody could put river lcp on the side of that for me lol

So anything under .40 is ineffective? I will disagree.

i never said it wasnt effective.

I said if it were about effency i wouldn't buy anything under a .40

google search. There has been cases where cops have shot people over 15x with a 9mm service pistol and they were still shooting back. Hell one case inparticular i think a guy took 17 rounds before he was dead. the larger the bullet the more damage the more take down power. .40 is a good caliber. decent size bullet, its not bulky and slow like a .45, but still a better round than a 9.

Why do you think most cops know carry .40's. I mean there cant be a reason behind it:rolleyes:

I get what you are saying but i have seen videos on the net where point blank range shootouts end in nobody getting hit. Its all about shot placement. If ou shoot someone in the leg 15x they will prob be able to sit there and shoot back. I used to carry a .40 and i switched to a 380, i don't feel any less safe by not having that extra size. He'll my gf carries a .32 and she is a good shot so i really don't worry about her much.

i never said it wasnt effective.

I said if it were about effency i wouldn't buy anything under a .40

google search. There has been cases where cops have shot people over 15x with a 9mm service pistol and they were still shooting back. Hell one case inparticular i think a guy took 17 rounds before he was dead. the larger the bullet the more damage the more take down power. .40 is a good caliber. decent size bullet, its not bulky and slow like a .45, but still a better round than a 9.

Why do you think most cops know carry .40's. I mean there cant be a reason behind it:rolleyes:

Let's not turn this into a caliber/penis size thread. There are enough of those already. :p