Hound Dogs Three Degree Pizza of Columbus

Cdubyah

I'll just put my 2 cents in here since I have some strong feelings about hound dogs.

First the positive. Their pizza is awesome. I refuse to pick a #1 pizza as there are so many varieties and generally pizza is like sex. You can't have bad pizza. Just my opinion there. No less, the spicy and smokin joe's crust is awesome.

OK, for the bad.

1. They are not 24 hour. They are late night but if you try to go there for lunch you may more may not get in around noon depending on if the cooks decided to roll out of bed.

2. They are by far the slowest restaurant I've ever been too and they are consistent. I have been there multiple times where it took 45 minutes to get my order taken, 45 minutes for the food to come out and my personal pet peave, another 45 minutes for them to take care of the check. This is in a dining room that is maybe half full. And in case you are wondering. I'm not one of those asshole customers that pisses off the wait staff. I have worked in food service before and I know better than to come in there and act like every one needs to bow down to me. I have respect for the people working those jobs, but there is no reason for a pizza place to have service this shitty. Aside from everyone there likes to "take the trash out" a little too often.

Anyway, I love hound dogs pizza and the Ravari Room but I wouldn't go there if you are in a hurry. :)

Edited by vw151

I'm with you, VW151. I enjoy a good pizza, probably too much... That said, I went to meet some friends there. I walked out after waiting close to an hour for a cheese pizza, with a fairly empty dining room.

OR meet sounds like a great idea..

I have been there for lunch, after an hour and a half we ask the waitress where the food was...her reply was... " oh I'll put the order in right now... its going in the oven"

but....pizza is amazing. and if you know a lil about a lil...go in early and try to get your hands on the breakfast pizza...not on the menu.

It's a great place to go at night while you are also drinking beer at ravari room. You aren't as worried about the service being fast if you can just drink beer while you wait.

Winner.

I wonder if they're not slow intentionally. I've only gone to Houndogs a handful of times (friends lived on Lane for a year), but if you're drinking, the shitty service is no big deal.

a small group of friends demolished 3 pretty big pizzas and probably 10 pitchers on a weekday afternoon. I had no complaints.

Winner.

I wonder if they're not slow intentionally. I've only gone to Houndogs a handful of times (friends lived on Lane for a year), but if you're drinking, the shitty service is no big deal.

a small group of friends demolished 3 pretty big pizzas and probably 10 pitchers on a weekday afternoon. I had no complaints.

doubt it's intentional. They are the same way at lunch time when everyone there is sober and ravari room is closed.

I think it has more to do with all of the employees being pot smoking heavy drinking hippy kids that don't give a shit what you think about the service.

I've been there a couple of times in the last month or two, and the service seemed to be faster than it was when I frequented the place years ago.

Anyway, you can get a pizza with fucking sauerkraut on it. All other arguments are now invalid.

I've been there a couple of times in the last month or two, and the service seemed to be faster than it was when I frequented the place years ago.

Anyway, you can get a pizza with fucking sauerkraut on it. All other arguments are now invalid.

Spicy crust with sauerkraut? My ass is puckering with anticipation.:p

I've never had to wait to long for food there, longer than most pizza places but not 45 minutes. I'm never in a rush when I go there either though.

I think it has more to do with all of the employees being pot smoking heavy drinking hippy kids that don't give a shit what you think about the service.

Dont you work there? :lol:

ohio = bad pizza!! lol

Right, cuz that nasty NY pizza is sooo much better. :rolleyes: