Oshp....

warpspeed

Yay to bringing up old posts!! j/k

I live on the east side, and cops never cared about my 5% tint for years. Then I got a job on the west side, near the old police academy and had a cop do a U-turn in the middle of the road and pulled me over in my works drive way to issue a window tint ticket.

75 north. In Hamilton. South of Dayton.

ah good old hamiltucky, the only time I was ever hassled about my tint was when I got nailed speeding through there. Oddly enough I never got a ticket for either but he sure wanted to give me a lecture about it

ah good old hamiltucky, the only time I was ever hassled about my tint was when I got nailed speeding through there. Oddly enough I never got a ticket for either but he sure wanted to give me a lecture about it

I was pulled over for speeding. So I'm grateful I got

The tint ticket and not a speed ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got nailed this morning by OSHP for tint on front windows and too far down on windshield, and for tinted plate cover on the back AND no front plate....

Already peeled the window tint off, gotta get the windshield tint professionally trimmed, got the plate cover off and got the front plate mounted up....

I'm going to take pics of it, and try to have a cop? inspect it and make sure its all legal and sign the pics...THEN go tell the judge how the car came from florida and I bought it that way and its all legal now....which is 100% truth.

does the above sound like a good plan? worthwhile input welcome.

if I just pay it its $260 and I got trivial crap on my record.

From now on I'm keeping the front plate on and put on lighter tint this isn't worth it.

Where did it happen? If you have the windows re-tinted and windshield trimmed professionally, keep the receipt and take it with you when you go to court. Take the pictures of the removed plate cover also. In Franklin Co. they are very good about dropping charges if you pay court costs in a case like this. Good luck. If a trooper wrote you, your tickets were under state code and the court/county does not get the money if you are convicted. The court does get the court costs however. So, as long as they get their money they don't mind dropping the charges. Good luck.

Sorry, just read the rest of the post and found it is a year old. WTF is wrong with you people bringing these threads back from the dead?! LOL

Edited by FZRMatt
I'm a retard!

Seriously, some necropostiac sh*t right there.

Dunno what tint I have on my car - was tinted when I bought it. How can i get it measured without the officer saying; "Yeah, it's too dark, here's your ticket..."

Seriously, some necropostiac sh*t right there.

Dunno what tint I have on my car - was tinted when I bought it. How can i get it measured without the officer saying; "Yeah, it's too dark, here's your ticket..."

If they stop you for it, they will check it with a tint meter before issuing a ticket. If there is a question, I would take it to a place that installs tint and have them check it.

get a prescription for tint.. i got one :)

doc gave it to me for photo sensitivity. ;)

It's really a great solution, go to your eye doc, or any optician and say that glare from the sun affects your driving ability and you would like the note to make it legal to get your windows tinted darker. I have never had any police related problems with my tint... 5 all rear and 15 front two windows but if i do I have a get out of ticket free card.

i got stopped in gahanna not long ago ...officer was training some newbie which is why i think they stopped me.....put the meter on my window and it came back 3%....he said he usually gives tickets for single digits but that he was going to give me a warning...said to either get it removed or dont drive through gahanna anymore....so now if i have the windows up i just take broad st instead of havens/hamilton

It's really a great solution, go to your eye doc, or any optician and say that glare from the sun affects your driving ability and you would like the note to make it legal to get your windows tinted darker. I have never had any police related problems with my tint... 5 all rear and 15 front two windows but if i do I have a get out of ticket free card.

is it really that easy?

I would say that it is not that easy. If you have a "medical condition" that requires 5% window tint, someone is probably going to fill out the paperwork for the BMV requiring you to have a re-test for a possible medical license suspension. You have to be tested by their doctor, and if they say you're done driving, you're done driving.