High speed internet

mrbret

I've had TWC RR for the past 7 years, had some issues early on, ended up being shitty connections

out on the hub in the yard, after they fixed that, no problems.

My average speeds (download) are in the 9-15meg range, not the fastest but not slow either.

I got TW to upgrade me to their best service, and it still sucks. Apparently my location as friends do not have the same issues. My ping is 150ms on a good day and 300+ regularily - really kills Xbox Live gameplay. I can sometimes see 7Mb+ download speed on that test, but most of the time cannot stream a low quality Youtube video. I need to try DSL...

Three in the morning and this is what I get on my "Roadrunner Turbo" :mad:

Have you ever had your modem replaced or the connections checked outside?

I had problem with connections and it made a world of difference! When I say connections

I mean the splices on the outside coming in and at the nearest hub where your feed branches off from the rest.

975293658.png

Edited by SWing'R

Insight (RoadRunner) Turbo - usually between 14-15 Mbps, little faster this morning.

Just got a new modem yesterday - the old one stopped working. That's the only issue I've had in the 6.5 years I've had it. I'm in Galena, so it's the only choice out here - no DSL.

975517883.png

Insight (RoadRunner) Turbo - usually between 14-15 Mbps, little faster this morning.

Just got a new modem yesterday - the old one stopped working. That's the only issue I've had in the 6.5 years I've had it. I'm in Galena, so it's the only choice out here - no DSL.

975517883.png

Galena is where we would be also if everything goes as planned this month.

Galena is where we would be also if everything goes as planned this month.

Just an FYI that no one will tell you about: If you're moving into the Big Walnut School District, be prepared for a "School District Income Tax", 3/4 of 1% of your income. Even my tax attorney/CPA missed it the first 2 years I was here. Nice little letter from the State of Ohio, Department of Taxation reminded/informed me of it...

:nono: