High speed internet

mrbret

We had Roadrunner back home and it SUCKED! I understand that the service is better down here in central Ohio, but you can get a better deal by far with WOW.

WOW does not cover the address we may be moving to so not a lot of use getting them. lol

Just an FYI that no one will tell you about: If you're moving into the Big Walnut School District, be prepared for a "School District Income Tax", 3/4 of 1% of your income. Even my tax attorney/CPA missed it the first 2 years I was here. Nice little letter from the State of Ohio, Department of Taxation reminded/informed me of it...

:nono:

It will be Olentangy schools

You really need to call TW or Insight. That ping time's awful.

I assume you haven't done anything to your router, like try to set QOS or anything that you might have messed up, right? Assuming No, call them. They need to fix that.

Try plugging straight into the cable modem and see what your speed is -- at least you can rule out (or in) the router.

I'm tellin you have them check all your outside connections too! The splitter on the side of the house where it splits off the main cable line to your modem (assuming you have cable tv too) and also the connections at the hub where you house branches off from the main run. That was my problem a few years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, you can get Internet service alone if you want it. Insight and TW give discounts for multiple services. There are also different levels of service. There is RR light which is about the speed of DSL maybe a little slower, regular RR which is around 7Mb download max, and RR turbo which is around 15Mb download max. I think TW was a few more levels and a bit higher DL transfer rates.