So How Do You Guys Keep from Sliding Forward?

Big Green Valley

My forks are dropped in the triple clamp (not VFR) about an inch or so. Tilts the bike forward. Always scooting back. Slick seat. PITA, but just the way it is. Thought about gluing 100-grit sandpaper to the seat. Has the rear of the bike been raised, and/ or the front lowered?

Has the rear of the bike been raised, and/ or the front lowered?

Not as far as I know. I was riding up close to the seat when I first started riding, then I started adjusting my riding position looking for my comfort zone. Sitting slightly back is my comfort zone, my back feels aligned and my weight is not on my hands.

I think I will invest in the Tech Spec Gripster. Seems like most reasonable alternative.

Just play around with different riding positions, and find one that's comfortable and effective. I sit pretty far forward, so the tank keeps me from sliding forward. That also helps when cornering, as I can pivot around the tank to shift my weight in and out of corners, and also helps me keep the balls of my feet/toes on the pegs and not my arches.