any sti owners?

shittygsxr

Assuming you mean WRX STI...?

I have a Legagy GT Turbo, same drivetrain as the WRX. Winter tires ROCK. I have Once the average temp hits 40 deg the winter tires go on. The factory all-seasons are useless in the snow.

Bear in mind that snow tires and winter tires are different things. Winter tires have rubber compounds that stay flexible in the cold. Mine are siped like a sum-bish too.

Snow tires tend to be more about traction in the snow itself, like studded or really aggressive tread blocks.

Assuming you mean WRX STI...?

I have a Legagy GT Turbo, same drivetrain as the WRX. Winter tires ROCK. I have Once the average temp hits 40 deg the winter tires go on. The factory all-seasons are useless in the snow.

Bear in mind that snow tires and winter tires are different things. Winter tires have rubber compounds that stay flexible in the cold. Mine are siped like a sum-bish too.

Snow tires tend to be more about traction in the snow itself, like studded or really aggressive tread blocks.

Blizzaks and some steel rims?

Previous piece of shit...#4 Ringland at 10K miles(sold it with it running like shit...new buyer knew of potential problem).

I paid $34,800 OTD w/ 0% interest in Dec. 08(MSPR was $40K) when Subaru had their HUGE discounts...and sold it for $31,500 a year later...so I came out OK.

Matt1-small.jpg

Matt4-small.jpg

New ride...2003 WRX, purchased from original owner, 37k miles on it...and seriously...I like this WRX better...and paid $14K for it.

solo1029.jpg

solo0827.jpg

solo0828.jpg

What year STi did you get...and do you know about Central Ohio Subarus?

BTD.

downpipe

uppipe

turboback

boost controller

cobb ap

brakes

tires

and most important "TUNE IT"

a tune alone on a stock car will see 20 hp increase bettter tq curve and fuel economy. that is if you keep it out of boost 70% of the time which isnt hard if you have self control

Previous piece of shit...#4 Ringland at 10K miles(sold it with it running like shit...new buyer knew of potential problem).

I paid $34,800 OTD w/ 0% interest in Dec. 08(MSPR was $40K) when Subaru had their HUGE discounts...and sold it for $31,500 a year later...so I came out OK.

Matt1-small.jpg

Matt4-small.jpg

New ride...2003 WRX, purchased from original owner, 37k miles on it...and seriously...I like this WRX better...and paid $14K for it.

solo1029.jpg

solo0827.jpg

solo0828.jpg

What year STi did you get...and do you know about Central Ohio Subarus?

BTD.

It is the old lady's and its the 2011, we are brand new to subarus.

It is the old lady's and its the 2011, we are brand new to subarus.

Join COS(Central Ohio Subarus)...and every Friday night we meet at Byers on Sawmill Rd.

Anything and everything you want to know about Subarus will be there.

Feel free to PM me if you've got any specific questions about anything.

And yes, by all means, prepare to buy some snow tires.

Dunlop Wintersport 3D's work very well on the STi, go 17", 225 width.

BTD.

Been running Dunlop Wintersport M3s on the GTO now for three winters. They're fantastic in deep snow and still retain sporting character and highway manners when it's not snowing.

Only downside to these tires I can think of is they will increase braking distances substantially above 120 mph. Well...I guess that's not really a downside. Lol