New toy

Reimbrandt

Yeah... I cant make up my mind. And the price was to good..... picked up a 91 CBR that has F3 fairings. Runs well and seems to just need a lot of tlc. It slips out of second sometimes, but I have help already to fix that issue. Need to get a new upper fairing... its trashed, but the others can be repaired. The price...... $400. :cool:

^the pic doesnt show the mess that the fairings are. They all need worked on and the front upper is toast. I want to try and find a solo seat cowl for it or I may try and make my own. Just dont want to spend a bunch on one........ and I had posted on craigslist that I was wanting another sport bike. I offered to trade my paint work for one and this guy e-mailed me. with the price as it was I just bought it, so I dont have to do any labor for it. Me and my son were bouncing ideas off each other about the paint scheme. Think he landed on a pretty good one............ heheehheeeeeee (demented laughter)

I am in love with these F2s and F3s... Was my first race bike (F2) and I have always been fond of them. For $400, you got a steal. Even if it needs some TLC, they are rock solid dependable and have a great history.

I think I have a few needs, springs and main jets for the bike... If I can find them, you can have them. We did some testing for Factory Tuning on the jet kit for the F2/F3s... Some of it is prototype, but if I can find my notes, you can have everything...

Thanks brian..... I tore the fairings off the hauled ass home before the weather hit. Was a big nothing here, thank god. Was within a hundred yards of a twister at Dundee, Mi earlier this year and that was enough for me. back to the bike...... it doesnt look bad. Not much in the way of oil or such on the engine. The one big thing is that if it could have been held on with a zip tie they did it. even one side of the radiator is zip tied...... morons. Since they have put F3 fairings on a F2 I think I have to make some additional brackets for the upper. The head light just had several wires with blades attachments hooked into it. wow all in all still pretty happy