Polar Bear Run - New Years Day

Casper

polar-bear-on-ice.jpg

I figured I'd get this up here early this year. Maybe we'll get more people out. Basically, there's no set ride. You just ride to the truck stop on 36/37 across the street from AD Farrow Northstar. You sign in, get a polar bear pin, eat some food, drink some coffee, BS, then freeze your ass off riding back home. It's fun. Last year only Moose and I did it. I know we can get more this year. All in all I think around 80 people showed up throughout the day. If we have enough interest, we can all meet up somewhere for coffee/hot chocolate and ride over together.

LOCATION CHANGE:

The First Ride of 2011 - location change

Mark your calendars for the 2011 Polar Bear Ride! On January 1, 2011, ride to Talita’s in Grove City (3090 Southwest Blvd. /St. Rt. 62 ) between 9 am-1 pm for hot coffee, a breakfast buffet and socializing with other Polar Bear riders. Plus, receive a commemorative Polar Bear Pin!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...the truck stop on 36/37 across the street from AD Farrow Northstar...
Where is this place at?

:nono:

...Last year only Moose and I did it. I know we can get more this year...

:confused: Huh? At least 3 other ORdN folks were there:

Just got back from the Flying J.

23 degrees + 55mph = cold, but not too awful...When I signed in at 10:15 I was rider #46.

That was cool. It would have been better with less cops on 270. I had a great ride though!!! Happy New Year!!!
Jus now thawing out...That was a chilly ride...got kind of slick on the way home due to a water main break in the neighborhood...everything is good though i will definitely do it again
That was awesome seeing you guys there. Moose and I thought for sure we'd be the only dumbasses on sportbikes. :lol: Glad to see you made it home ok. That was a blast. Cold as hell, but fun. 35.6 miles each way has never seemed so far. :lol:

:nono:

:confused: Huh? At least 3 other ORdN folks were there:

I don't remember you being there. Doh. I fail.

Those other guys kinda make guest appearances here. LOL. Those guys are part of The Wildlife Riders. They don't get on here much.

I don't remember you being there. Doh. I fail.

Those other guys kinda make guest appearances here. LOL. Those guys are part of The Wildlife Riders. They don't get on here much.

I got there earlier than you two. Went in the wrong parking lot, headed back out to do a quick 180 into the next parking lot, about bit it on some slush as the front wheel dove on me.

Went inside, signed the log, got my mini Polar Bear pin, drank a couple cups of bad coffee, bundled back up and went home.

Barring snow/ice on the road I'll be doing it again. :)

I got there earlier than you two. Went in the wrong parking lot, headed back out to do a quick 180 into the next parking lot, about bit it on some slush as the front wheel dove on me.

Went inside, signed the log, got my mini Polar Bear pin, drank a couple cups of bad coffee, bundled back up and went home.

Barring snow/ice on the road I'll be doing it again. :)

Hopefully this year we can all get a time when we can all meet there and hang out.

• 2 weeks later...

LOCATION CHANGE:

The First Ride of 2011 - location change

Mark your calendars for the 2011 Polar Bear Ride! On January 1, 2011, ride to Talita’s in Grove City (3090 Southwest Blvd. /St. Rt. 62 ) between 9 am-1 pm for hot coffee, a breakfast buffet and socializing with other Polar Bear riders. Plus, receive a commemorative Polar Bear Pin!