Concealed carry = bad

Uncle Punk

Concealed carry people are a danger to everyone whenever a crime happens. They are sure to shoot everyone and ask questions later. And if they dont, the increase in CCW permit holdings will make criminals shoot everyone first just in case one of them have a gun. Ya... ya... this is all sounding right!

I'll chime in for just a moment.

I feel the statment is not entirely correct and should read "At best an armed populace lowers the overall crime rate, at worst it will cause every criminal to inflict a fatal or nearly fatal wound prior to commiting a crime."

Precisely! :nono::rolleyes:

The fact thet they would even consider allowing people to carry handguns around innocent people is just unacceptable. The statictics show that crimes where a handgun is present are increasing.

Just look at http://www.handguncontrol.org/ they show the true statistics.

Hmmmmm.... True statistics are actually shown on something like.. The WWW.FBI.GOV website. Then people make their own statistics off of that. Thats why the FBI puts this on their site...

Each year when Crime in the United States is published, many entities—news media, tourism agencies, and other groups with an interest in crime in our Nation—use reported figures to compile rankings of cities and counties. These rankings, however, are merely a quick choice made by the data user; they provide no insight into the many variables that mold the crime in a particular town, city, county, state, region, or other jurisdiction. Consequently, these rankings lead to simplistic and/or incomplete analyses that often create misleading perceptions adversely affecting cities and counties, along with their residents.

Statistics are meaningless with out proper interpretation. However, every asshole with an agenda quotes statistics only in the context of what they feel the way things should be. Not the way things are. Sensible people need to realize that both sides are full of shit. Hell, I am more concerned about some of the police officers being armed than the concealed carry people I know.

I'll chime in for just a moment.

I feel the statment is not entirely correct and should read "At best an armed populace lowers the overall crime rate, at worst it will cause every criminal to inflict a fatal or nearly fatal wound prior to commiting a crime."

Of course we can debate back and forth whether those criminals would have acted that way regardless.

There are too many corollary factors to consider when looking at CCW and other statistics; and the jump from corollary to causal is difficult.

What are you going to do if the King of England comes in and starts pushing you around huh? Huh? Huh?

World English Dictionary

corollary

— n , pl -laries

1. a proposition that follows directly from the proof of another proposition

2. an obvious deduction

3. a natural consequence or result

— adj

4. consequent or resultant

[C14: from Latin corollārium money paid for a garland, from Latin corolla garland, from corōna crown ]

Pfft, I'm not worried about the King of England. I'm worried about the CCW owner who is having a bad day and decides enough is enough. It's not like they have had a complete mental evaluation. Maybe that should be part of the CCW licensing process?

Pfft, I'm not worried about the King of England. I'm worried about the CCW owner who is having a bad day and decides enough is enough. It's not like they have had a complete mental evaluation. Maybe that should be part of the CCW licensing process?

Anyone can snap, but CCW holders have to prove that they've gone at least 21years without doing so (or being caught). I can live with those odds.

If the odds are wrong you might not live with them.

I mean why doesn't the government step in and start tracking guns and who they are sold to? If we know who has them we could possibly stop another school mass murder. If it weren't for the proliferation of guns through the US then we wouldn't need metal detectors at our schools.

I mean why doesn't the government step in and start tracking guns and who they are sold to? If we know who has them we could possibly stop another school mass murder. If it weren't for the proliferation of guns through the US then we wouldn't need metal detectors at our schools.

I'm going to say you are playing devils advocate.

Even if you track and register 100% of all legal gun purchases in the states, bad guys will continue to get their hands on one. Whether it be through the black market, or by stealing. Kids will still be able to swipe their parents legal guns and go to school with them. Now the good guys have to jump through all kinds of hoops will the dirt bag has no problems getting one.

How many shootings happened at a place that allowed guns? Very few if any. How many shootings have happened at gun shows or gun stores or open carry demonstrations? I can't think of any.

By tracking guns and who they are sold to, that will only help you track the guns that are legally sold. School mass murders are usually not done by the people who legally buy the guns since... they usually are not old enough to buy them. Obviously in cases like VT, you may have someone old enough to buy it but tracking who bought the gun is not going to help you stop them from shooting someone.

Ill give you an extremely liberal website to look at...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/josh-sugarmann/killings-by-concealed-han_b_471765.html

Now look at those numbers... 139 people killed by CCW holders in 3 years. Now... That is less that the number of people killed by only handguns in Alabama in just 2009. http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/data/table_20.html So you really mean to tell me the problem is CCW holders?

• Upvote 1

most americans who use guns to kill people are black, white, and mexicanese, therefore, only asians should be allowed to own and carry guns. they're the only kind that can be trusted with such responsibilities.

bet you can't prove me wrong

(!!__little%20asian).jpg