I now own an $8000 paper weight

Vulcan_Rider

My mom works for Firestone thats why I take my car there. My friend that came to pick me up when it died said that it sounded like I threw a rod plus the manager at Firestone I deal with knows I am fairly retarded when it comes to cars so he doesnt bother giving me all the details he just tells me what I need to know and how it needs to be fixed.

I tell you what since FIAT bought them I can guaranty you their product quality turns around. I know the president of the union at the one they just closed in NE Ohio and they were going through every car nut and bolt to ensure its all 100% solid. Most people knock on cars but id probably say 75% of failures are caused by poor driving choices.

In your case sorry to hear about the engine that sucks. You're probably better off having the engine rebuilt it should be cheaper.

On an interesting Chrysler related note.

A buddy of mine recently bought a new 2010 Jeep Wrangler. He had a catastrophic engine failure 3 weeks after purchase.

He sent an email to the CEO about his issue while the car was in the shop and it's fate was being determined. They gave him a lifetime unlimited mileage drive train warranty and replaced the motor in his vehicle with a brand new crate motor and VIN matched it to the chassis.

So I took two things away from this. Chrysler's suck and holy hell they are stepping up to the plate to keep this guys loyalty. I have never even heard of an unlimited mileage warranty.

Sorry, I don't remember the details of what failed but you get the picture.

Unlimited mileage warranty? Kind of like the lifetime warranty they were offering a few years ago, I'm guessing.

The opposite situation happened to a friend. He took his van in just before the warranty was up for oil consumption. A quart in less than 1000 miles is a bit excessive. I'm not sure what they did to fix it, but when he went to pick it up, before he could leave with it they made him sign something saying that he wouldn't bring it back for anything. Wow, just wow!