Custom paint by Reimbrandt - Let's hear suggestions!

Bkizz

Short story: Jim (Reimbrandt) is the fuckin' man.

Longer story: Jim has offered his time and amazing skills to give the 650R a custom paint job. At first, I wasn't sure if he was serious but after some PM'ing back and forth, it's a go!

Over the last few weeks I have been kicking around ideas in my own head but I thought I would open it up for suggestions. I have a love for black...but I know Reimbrandt could change things up and make the bike look bad ass. I love paint jobs with a lot of depth. I am partial to black, blue and silver but I love the paint scheme he did on the buckeye Ninja. Any airbrushing I want to be subtle.

Lets get the ideas flowing! Not sure if anyone has photoshop skills but I thought I would post up some pics to play with.

HPIM2416-1.jpg

HPIM2418-1.jpg

HPIM2420-2.jpg

Here is a stock pic...may be easier to photoshop.

2008_3_Ninja650R_black.jpg

Brian - I will help get the bike to Jim when you are ready. It is better for him to have the entire bike when a design is going across multiple fairings.

I have even higher hopes for our next bike (which is saying alot) and we have a professional design firm working on the layout. Once our Pelatonia bike is finished I will ask if they could offer up a little bit of free help for you.

I think some silver with plenty of layers of candy blue on top would be amazing, a little bit of airbrushing under the candy would be tits. That is what was done to the buckeye motorcycle club bike, but with the red.

how about one of those handicap parking images airbrushed (small but with flames coming off the back)

maybe a black and blue version of this paintjob 20050711234013-0-7880.jpg

Edited by shittygsxr

Brian - I will help get the bike to Jim when you are ready. It is better for him to have the entire bike when a design is going across multiple fairings.

I have even higher hopes for our next bike (which is saying alot) and we have a professional design firm working on the layout. Once our Pelatonia bike is finished I will ask if they could offer up a little bit of free help for you.

I think some silver with plenty of layers of candy blue on top would be amazing, a little bit of airbrushing under the candy would be tits. That is what was done to the buckeye motorcycle club bike, but with the red.

Thanks! He had mentioned only needing the fairings but the whole bike may not be a bad idea. The only potential problem would be taking up more space at his place.

I totally agree...a nice metallic base silver with a candy over top would put a huge smile on my face. Maybe a black and candy red...or black and candy blue.

Thanks! He had mentioned only needing the fairings but the whole bike may not be a bad idea. The only potential problem would be taking up more space at his place.

I totally agree...a nice metallic base silver with a candy over top would put a huge smile on my face. Maybe a black and candy red...or black and candy blue.

step off my candy red, you get blue. Jim has a pletty big place I'll even take you up there with the bike as long as you dont mind my molester van

^^ yeah, I got room.... just bring some else to load and unload the bike. LOL The tru blue candy is deep and sweet. I suggested some hot chicks under the candy...... didnt get much of a reaction outta that. lol Still like the idea of silver on mid and top with black bottom. candy over the top and make the middle look like plating with rivots

step off my candy red, you get blue. Jim has a pletty big place I'll even take you up there with the bike as long as you dont mind my molester van

Well I can handle that...blue is my thing anyway.

^^ yeah, I got room.... just bring some else to load and unload the bike. LOL The tru blue candy is deep and sweet. I suggested some hot chicks under the candy...... didnt get much of a reaction outta that. lol Still like the idea of silver on mid and top with black bottom. candy over the top and make the middle look like plating with rivots

Don't get me wrong...I like hot chicks but I feel like they are more at home on a cruiser or HD. I want to go for a "fast" or sporty paint scheme. I am trying to think of things that could be airbrushed that would be subtle but cool.

Jim, could you get me a few examples of what the true blue candy looks like? I am also curious to see what that orange you told me about looks like just for shits and gigs.

Edited by Bkizz

K... heres a CBR that has fire on it with tru blue candy over the fire. the other is one of my old helmets...... base white pearl and all the art work is black/white then covered with molten orange

Crazy you should post these 2 pics because they were probably my favorite pieces I saw on your web site. LOVE the candy blue. I have really been leaning toward some realistic flamework using black as the basecoat and the candy on top. I wanted to get the 650R logo airbrushed on both sides of the seat cowl with blue flamework around it...kinda like this:

picture_20039.jpg&t=1

Couple options I am partial to:

candy blue with women/skulls/flames (not together, I think they would clash)

ghosted skulls on a dark blue/black

custom image that means something to you, something to really set the bike off

Exactly...but I am trying to come up with what that custom image will be and I am getting stuck.

Thanks G..... Im actually skulling out a boulevard at the shop right now. the next is a R6 that will have a half dozen half naked hotties and fire (done in blue candy). along with a dozen other things............. and rock out my new (old) CBR. And yeah, I already have a fkd up paint scheme figured out for that one. (along with some design help from my son) The site should be getting updates here soon, since my web designer went on hiadeous for a while. Well Bkizz......... when do we start?

I spent hours of company time wisely today...scouring the internet for ideas and colors. Believe me when I say I am working on it. I can't figure out if I just want a kick ass paint job or some airbrush work too. Jim, shoot me your # in a PM...I would like to talk to you about color options.