Custom paint by Reimbrandt - Let's hear suggestions!

Bkizz

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I downloaded photoshop and have been messing around with it for a few days...this paint scheme is what I have in mind but i'm not sure what it will look like on my bike. My photoshop skills are limited. Anyone with skills??

I really want to have my silver frame painted black too...but that means stripping the whole bike.

paintscheme2.jpg

This is the bike that I got the idea from:

3516367865_41f799b873_b.jpg

That looks pretty slick

Hells yea! I'm diggin' it.

me likey..... I have been meaning to call you but my paint fogged brain keeps forgetting. LOL May give you a shout this evening.......... looks sweet though.

Call/text me when you can. We can figure out a time I can get the bike to you. No big rush...the weather will suck for the next few months.

If I were to paint the frame black, should it be painted or powdercoated??

Talked to Remi today on the phone and I'm getting really excited to see how this turns out. The verdict is pearl white with the dark candy blue and Nighthawk black pearl (Honda black w/a little blue flake). I want to have the frame painted black too b/c I think the silver with the other colors would look tacky...not to mention the landing gear is already black and it would flow better.

I did a quick photoshop to see what the blue looked like at a different angle. I've decided I want it to look more like the rendering (mostly black and blue with thin white stripe). The real deal is too much white IMO. I am looking at picking up a used rear tire hugger too. This shits gonna look SICK!

paintscheme3.jpg

742.jpg

paintscheme2.jpg

After some photoshop, I'm not sure this scheme looks right on my bike. The problem is the body lines aren't similar...and the shape of my tank throws things off. What do you think??

myscheme.jpg

not feeling it as much on your bike as the other... it accents the camel hump looking tank. dont get me wrong...i dont hate it, but i think there is probably a more appealing alternative out there

My thoughts exactly.

Airbrush a ghost spine right down the middle with angel wings coming off it...

That could be awesome.

I like the first one a bit better. Hard to say in a photo. You might be better off giving the colors you want and telling hom to do what he does. I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Very good point...he would make it look way better than my half ass photoshop. But I don't think I even like those colors on my bike. I have come to the conclusion that I am extremely partial to black and everything else I see just doesn't look as good.

There must be a reason that I couldn't find many 650R's with a multicolored paint scheme...because they look like crap.

Edited by Bkizz

well Once again i will give big props to both of you guys. Bkizz, for getting back in the saddle, and remmy for being a good guy. Hes been in business in this area for a pretty good while and I have seen alot of his work over the years, from dragons to flames, to little shooting stars, and its all been grade A work!

Gotta new idea and need some feedback. I was thinking since a good helmet is the only reason I am still here and not in the ground or ashes in a can, maybe I could do a "SHOEI" themed bike. Definitely a black basecoat and a similar design as they use on their helmet with the Shoei logos.

Shoei-XR1000-Crest-TC5_0_0_16DRM.jpg

I already wanted my helmet to have "A Shoei saved my life" somewhere on the back. Whatcha think??

Dude.. your bike has landing gear. You HAVE to go with the "fighter jet" paint job.

Do It!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tQVYfnoz5io/SZMTAMmvAYI/AAAAAAAAAI8/KOlhaWdoRWY/s1600-h/Ducati+1.JPG

Ducati+1.JPG

Yea, I was thinking about that early on...not sure I want it to look old and rustic though...Maybe the stealth fighter?? I gotta do some more searching on that! Good call.

heheheheeheeee, love listening to all this. dont matter to me...... the shoei idea is pretty cool, but the landing gear is really killer for a the plane. black or silver will still do the rivots n plates for the effect. Thats what makes it look like a plane and is sweet. rather do gloss, either black or silver, than flat. Course, he wants a deep look so gloss is gotta be the way to go. plane or shoei..... hhmmmmmmmmmm

heheheheeheeee, love listening to all this. dont matter to me...... the shoei idea is pretty cool, but the landing gear is really killer for a the plane. black or silver will still do the rivots n plates for the effect. Thats what makes it look like a plane and is sweet. rather do gloss, either black or silver, than flat. Course, he wants a deep look so gloss is gotta be the way to go. plane or shoei..... hhmmmmmmmmmm

Yea, but planes aren't glossy and that's what I am going for...a deep paint look. After playing with some photoshop stuff, I am really liking the Shoei theme. Their designs have a ton of dimension.