Westboro Baptist Church Gets Tires Slashed, Locals Refuse To Perform Repairs

Casper

It's not a discussion I intend on having on a motorcycle forum, but heaven and he'll are very real places. I picture a long painful eternity in your future, and that makes me sad.

THIS is sad. the Jesus I know would never approve of his faithful flock judging eternal damnation upon fellow sinners. you must be catholic.

swing on their nuts all ya want, i still hope their church has a gas leak and goes up flames next time theyre having their sunday get together

I agree.

And as to the debate on God's existence look at it this way. If your wrong and there is a heaven/hell, then your going to hell. But I spend an hour, maybe 2, every monthish to keep me safe in case it exists. It's not hurting anything to believe. Now church is over, let's get beer and be friends.

No need to rail on Matt. He's just doing his job as a Christian. I wasn't offended by it. :dunno:

Ok' date=' but I kinda was.

It's not a discussion I intend on having on a motorcycle forum, but heaven and he'll are very real places. I picture a long painful eternity in your future, and that makes me sad.

Paraphrase:

"My beliefs are right. Your beliefs are wrong. And I don't want to discuss it."

I've encountered this attitude too many times in 'believers'. I generally don't let that slide anymore. If this dogma is so true, it should be able to withstand a rational discussion.

Edited by Tpoppa

No nut swinging here what they do is wrong.... I just don't agree. If I wanted to take your approach I would hope you get crushed by an 18 Wheeler on your way to work, but I don't cuz I understand people with different views is allowed.

I agree.

And as to the debate on God's existence look at it this way. If your wrong and there is a heaven/hell, then your going to hell. But I spend an hour, maybe 2, every monthish to keep me safe in case it exists. It's not hurting anything to believe. Now church is over, let's get beer and be friends.

so you believe out of fear? and it is not about believing "just to be safe" for atheists, its about not believing because we simply don't believe and will not force ourselves to believe just because we are afraid of going to "hell". i firmly believe there is no god, so i am not afraid of going to hell because i don't believe there is a hell. i am just going to live life the best i can and not waste my life trying to get to some fairy land after i die.

I agree.

hey everyone, get a load of blaise pascal over here...

People have beleifs for a variety of reasons. If your beliefs bring you comfort then rep for you!

However, the attitude of "my beliefs are right, your beliefs are wrong, and I really don't even care to know what your beliefs are," tends to get a reaction from me.

Food for thought:

The bible was written during times (roughly 1,500 BC - 100 AD) when the church and people in general firmly believed that if you traveled too far in any direction you would eventually fall off the edge of the Earth.

As recently as the 1600s...Galileo (one of the most brilliant humans to have ever lived) was found to be a heretic and forced to spend the rest of his life under house arrest. His crime was suggesting that the Earth revolved around the Sun. This drew the ire of the Pope because this idea opposed the teachings of the chrurch and the word of God.

If you read the entire bible (and I have), you may notice a common trend. The views of the bible reflect man's understanding of the world at the time it was written. There are no accomodations for the Earth being round, dinosaurs, evolution, the Earth revolving around the Sun, accountability for the souls of people from yet undiscovered civilizations, etc, etc. Primitive man knew nothing of these things. But the bible is the word of God, and God is all knowing. Hmmm.

Edited by Tpoppa

I don't believe there is a god' date=' but I'm not so convinced that I won't entertain the idea. However, if there is a god... it's not the god described in that book. Any god that I can conceive isn't small enough to have the restrictions placed on him that the bible/religion holds him to.

My intent wasn't to turn this into a religion bashing thread. My intent was to illustrate just how empty the threats from WBC actually are.[/quote']

Pauly, I'd rep you for this, but I already did earlier. This is as an intelligent and thoughtful response as I have seen in a thread of this nature.

The fact that it came from you makes me thing you are getting soft.:D